what's good for getting out two-day-old urine smells

Description of your first forum.

what's good for getting out two-day-old urine smells

Post by The Puppy Wizar » Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:26:31



HOWEDY NotGiven,


Quote:

> It seems the dog got a little e***d with the new years
> fireworks

Fear of LHOWED noises and car sickness and self ***
are all CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

Quote:
> and I just now found a place where she spotted on the
> relatively new carpet.

Good for you!

There's a way to address THAT in your FREE copy of The
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual.

Quote:
> Dried.

Oh. You want to clean the spot. Good for you!

The Puppy Wizard was interested in trainin the
dog not to DO that noMOORE.

Enjoy cleanin the spot... but that ain't gonna train your
dog not to do that again. Will it.

Quote:
> The steam cleaner we had out here a while ago used
> some stuff they claimed neutralized it.  It worked well,

You'll get used to it! Ask mikey d.

Quote:
> but this is a different spot and I don't
> want to have them out again for one little spot.

Won't be long till there's PLENTY MOORE.

Quote:
> I understand vinegar works but it's smell is almost as
> bad as the urine.

Yeah. The Puppy Wizard hates vinegar too. That's HOWE
COME HE trains dogs not to do that NEARLY INSTANTLY.

Quote:
> Any ideas are apprecaited!

You been askin liars dog abusers and mental cases...


Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

  Engrossing account, Anthony.  Our best to Angel
and your family.

  A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

  She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

============================

Quote:
 Chris Williams writes:

"The FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual
I do find valuable. Much of it I recognize as what
I've always done without thinking of it as "training".
New stuff, I've used. His anchoring technique erased
the last of Mac's fireworks trauma,"

====================

Subj: Fear of Thunder
Date: 6/29/02 6:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Jraltman
To: Witsenddog

Dear Jerry,

I hope you'll be able to post this message so more people who
are at their wit's end will be able to help their dogs.

To review:

Our puppy was uncomfortable during thunder
storms. At the beginning of the problem, she
paced restlessly from room to room. She
couldn't settle and sleep.

From there the problem grew. She would run
to the far southeast corner of the house (which
makes sense because most storms here come
from the northwest) and she'd cower in the
corner of the couch and shake.

!st attempt to help her:

I'd pick her up, brush and massage her (call
me a nut - I've sung to her when I've done her
daily brushing since she was tiny so of course
I sang too) and when she relaxed, I'd put her
in her crate. She then slept and I thought the
problem was solved.

Traumatic event:

We were out in the park playing with one of
her doggy friends when it began to rain. On
the way home, there was the loudest, longest,
thunder clap I've ever heard. From that day on,
the problem got worse and worse. I couldn't
calm her with singing and massage. The fear
spread. She wouldn't go out if it was raining.
No thunder, just gently summer rain, and she
wouldn't go out.

The solution:

I surfed the net and came across a free manual
Wit's End Dog Training Method and a product
called Doggy Do Right that seemed better than
anything else I came across.

A phone call to Jerry Howe, author of the manual
and Director of Research, Biosound Scientific,
convince me to try both the manual and the product.

Problem solved:

I followed Jerry's suggestions  (more phone calls -
he is most generous with his time and advice). The
first two thunder storms my puppy was restless but
not running around in a blind panic. The third storm,
she barked her deep, stranger danger bark after each
clap of thunder. The fourth storm, she seemed uneasy
at first. Soon she was asleep at my feet and she napped
through the rest of the storm. A miracle. I am endlessly
grateful to Jerry for his manual and his machine.

A word about Doggy Do Right. It is odd to buy
a machine that emits a sound I cannot hear.
I took the chance because Jerry offered a full
refund including shipping. Though I heard
nothing, my puppy clearly did. When I first
turned on the machine, she got the cutest,
most quizzical look on her face.

She looked at me as if to say: "What's that?
I never heard that before." She looks at the
machine when it is on. She rests on the floor
beneath it. It is obvious from her behavior
that she is aware of its cycles.

Amazing.

Thank you Jerry.

=========


Quote:
> I moved to Jacksonville, Florida about a year
> ago with my lovely wife  linda. 3 times a week
> for 7 months I visited the Dog shelter and
> Humane Society looking for a German Shepard.
> There were several times they had a dog there,
> but I was looking for a ***. The reason for this
> is, all my life I have laways had a female german
> shepard. Therefore, I wanted another one. Finally
> about 6 weeks ago, I found her. "Angel" looked
> just like my previous dog of 12 years. I called my
> wife, she came down and fell in love with her immediately.
:
> We filled out the paper work and left the Humane
> Society with her. We drove directly to Pet Smart to
> buy all the essentials. We bought the biggest crate
> available. Let it be known I have never used a crate
> with any of my previous dogs. The biggest difference
> is my other dogs I had from puppy age. Angel just
> turned 2, 3 days before adoption.
:
> Angel appeared to be happy the trip home. Her ears
> were down all the time and her tail was so far between
> her legs that it looked like she had 3 ears. (humor)
> None the less, we knew we had a dog that was insecure.
> The first night we let Angel sleep in the living room.
> However, we had to go to work the next day. We pet
> her, kissed her and put her in the crate in the middle
> of the living room. During the day, my sons came
> home to walk her, give her a little loving and play with
> her. Then put her back in the crate and go to work.
:
> When we got home the first day, everything in the
> crate was ripped to shreads. The neighbors
>  approached us and said that the dogs barked
> constantly for 3 hours then barked continuously after
>  my sons left again. We thought it was because
> everything was new. We were wrong. The dig did
>  this every day for 4 days.
:
> The 4th day was our first scheduled visit with the
> vet. The vet told us he can see that the dog is
> suffering from abuse and seperation anxiety. So,
> the vet puts the dog on clomicalm. (not sure of the
> spelling).
:
> Well, for two days the dog walked around like Jerry
> Garcia on a Friday night after a concert, stoned!
> However, we were home with her the entire weekend.
> We crated her for work and came home to a barking
> dog, ripped bedding in the crate, upset neighbors
> and the plastic bottom of the crate completely torn
> to bits. It was obvious that crating was not a good thing.
> The next day we decided to leave her out of the crate
> to see what would happen. What a major mistake.
> We came home to almost $1,000 in damage.
:
>  Furniture, the blinds were all chewed and torn down, etc.
> The next day we put her in the crate again. This
> time we came home to a nice 2' x 3' hole in our
> carpet in the middle of the living room, right down
> to the cement. I told my wife that we cannot afford
> to keep this dog. We should go out and get a puppy.
:
>She was upset and said there must be something
> we can do. I told her this. " I will go on the internet
> and see what is available". I was desperate and
> wanted to see if there was someone who could help.
> We read the information about the DDR and emailed
> Jerry. Jerry was kind enough to give us his phone
> number to discuss Angel in more detail.
:
> First, at no cost he sent us his manual. We started
> doing exactly what he said to do in the manual.
> Exactly as we did was was written, the results were
> exactly as he said it would be. Then we purchased
> the DDR.
:
> This is an amazing god send to us. First of all,
> Jerry sent it to us wihtout paying. (thanks for that gesture)
> This has such and AMAZING effect. This testimonial is kind
> of  winded so I will say this......Jerry's product litterly
saved
>  this dogs life.
:
> Angel can be left alone duing the day. NO CRATE. The
> dog shows absolutely no sign of anxiety at all. Jerry told
> us the product works immediately and it did! She does
> not bark at all during the day except when the mailman
> drops mail into the slot on the door. The manual for
> training works exactly as it says!
:
> We told our vet about this and he said that there are
> all kind of gimmicks. I told my vet that as a person who
> holds a degree of higher education, there just are some
>  things they don't have in the text books and he should
> be receptive to that. We are proof. Angel was one
> day from going back to the humane society.
:
> Listen to this...My wife wrote one of the so called know
> it all of pets. His response to the exact letter we initially
> wrote to Jerry..."Get rid of the dog, bring her back" I'll
> save this person embarrassment by not saying the name.
> However, you know who you are and I have this to say to
> you. Go pump gas or bus tables because you
> sir, do not belong working with animals!
:
> Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
> group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
> many people are so dang blind or ignorant.
:
>  You just keep plugging away at what you do, because
> you my friend are a life saver!!!
:
> Anytime you need someone to speak about the results
> of your product, you have my number. We would galdly
> talk to them.
:
> Thank you very much for all your help. God bless you...
:
> Anthony & Linda Testa
> Jacksonville, Florida

=====================



- Show quoted text -

Quote:


> > [...]

> > > Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
> > > group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
> > > many people are so dang blind or ignorant.

> > > You just keep plugging away at what you do,
> > > because you my friend are a life saver!!!

> > Okay, who the heck ARE you, really?

> Who am I? My real name is posted. The story you
> have read is true. We were at witts end, found Jerry's
> web page by happenstance, wrote to him almost exactly
>  what you read, he gave me his suggestions, told me
> what my results would be including a time line and, you
> know what?

> He was and still is, right on the money.

> I don't care if he's a warlock, a professor, disgruntled
> Entomologist, or a man with a niche that makes the
> sciences itchy, he saved the day AND a dog's life.

> We were given suggestions from Medication, to a
> Behavi***Specialist. I decided that instead of creating
> a Jerry Garcia or pay 125.00 dollars an hour for my dog
> to lay on a couch to be freudiated, I decided Jerry
> Howe's method seemed to be more humane and
> serene.

> It worked, end of story.

> A. Testa

=====================


- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> Well there you go, I was willing to believe but then
> jerry it was another hallucination of yours, just like
> all those thankyou letters you write, a lie, a fabrication,
> a ***...

> > Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
> > Date: 2002-03-28 10:01:34 PST

> > Alpha,
> > It's uneducated, ball breakers like you that create dismay
> > throughout this society. Get a life. you took apart a letter
> > from someone who has shown nothing but love and caring,
> > including lots of money and twisted it to YOUR point.

> > Ever consider politics? I challenge you to show me your
> > credentials and results you come up with. The things I did
> > with the dog WAS against MY wishes. However, I listen
> > to pencil neck geeks that sit behind a monitor and get 30
> > different suggestions. This dog could not be happier if she
> > was gnawing on all three of your legs.

> > The bottom line to my letter was to tell people  "don't knock
> > it until you try it"

> > P.S. Write me personally if you have any credentials.......
> > ===========