What's happening?

Description of your first forum.

What's happening?

Post by Donna Rudolp » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00




in the "From" field. I HATE this! How can I scroll through and pick out my
favorite posters (and skip the jerks I don't have time for)?

Donna & Phoebe, PWD
--
I think, therefore I am. I think.

 
 
 

What's happening?

Post by Sprint » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
> All my new messages from this NG are coming through with NEWS


Quote:
> in the "From" field. I HATE this! How can I scroll through and
pick out my
> favorite posters (and skip the jerks I don't have time for)?

> Donna & Phoebe, PWD
> --
> I think, therefore I am. I think.

Donna, these are old posts that are being miscellaneously
reposted by a server that probably has the hiccups right now. <G>
It is also possible that a couple of hackers have found their way
into a ng server and are having a hay day right now clogging up
the news servers. I wasn't able to post through MSN news servers
for a week due to hackers spamming their servers and clogging
them up. Just Kill file NEWS and you won't miss anything. They
aren't new posts, just reposted stuff we've already read. <G>
Once I kill filed NEWS ( and Jerry Howe  ) the ng looks normal
again!
--
~Darlene~
Remove me to reply. ;^)
Scamp's Internet Resources, lot's of great links!
http://members.tripod.com/scampsite  Pet links!

Doggy Do Right is going to make me a multimillionaire.
That's genius. Jerry Howe

If tail curves around flanks when he's sitting or laying shows
 he's comfortable.  Straight out behind him indicates very
 comfortable.  Sitting on it, with a slight curl at the base,
 indicates he's in the process of learning something.
Jerry "The tail reader" Howe

 
 
 

What's happening?

Post by MaliMo » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00


Donna, mine did the same thing.  I just read a few until I figured it out.  You
just make sure you read the newest posts..........then you mark all read and
then close it.  Come back and wa-la you are back to the old way........the real
way LOL.

Mali
"You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you."

 
 
 

What's happening?

Post by Tess » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00




Quote:


>in the "From" field. I HATE this! How can I scroll through and pick out my
>favorite posters (and skip the jerks I don't have time for)?

>Donna & Phoebe, PWD
>--
>I think, therefore I am. I think.

That's happening to me too, it's recent so anyone know the reason?
Nat
 
 
 

What's happening?

Post by Sprint » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
> On Sat, 29 May 1999 13:20:58 -0400, Donna Rudolph


Quote:

> >All my new messages from this NG are coming through with NEWS


Quote:
> >in the "From" field. I HATE this! How can I scroll through and
pick out my
> >favorite posters (and skip the jerks I don't have time for)?

> >Donna & Phoebe, PWD
> >--
> >I think, therefore I am. I think.

> That's happening to me too, it's recent so anyone know the
reason?
> Nat

Is it still going on? I kill filed NEWS the first day so I
figured it had ended by now. It's just a news server going
haywire. Either hackers got into a server and are messing with
it. A worm got into a server and is sending duplicate messages
like the Happy99.exe worm did, or the server just has the
hiccups. Just Kill file NEWS.
--
~Darlene~
Remove me to reply. ;^)
Scamp's Internet Resources, lot's of great links!
http://members.tripod.com/scampsite  Pet links!

Doggy Do Right is going to make me a multimillionaire.
That's genius. Jerry Howe

If tail curves around flanks when he's sitting or laying shows
 he's comfortable.  Straight out behind him indicates very
 comfortable.  Sitting on it, with a slight curl at the base,
 indicates he's in the process of learning something.
Jerry "The tail reader" Howe

 
 
 

What's happening?

Post by Denna Las » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00




Quote:
>Is it still going on? I kill filed NEWS the first day so I
>figured it had ended by now. It's just a news server going
>haywire. Either hackers got into a server and are messing with
>it. A worm got into a server and is sending duplicate messages
>like the Happy99.exe worm did, or the server just has the
>hiccups. Just Kill file NEWS.

It doesn't seem to be happening, and I didn't killfile NEWS.  On the
other hand, my news server lost the vast majority of posts that were
made yesterday and early this morning, but I think that's a problem
with bellsouth's ATL server, it's probably not related.

Denna Lasik

"Intelligence is like a river; the deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."

"Insults, like ***, are the last resort of the incompetent"