GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Description of your first forum.

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Christine Ha » Tue, 07 Jul 1992 10:54:16



Hey all you ferret owners or friends thereof:

I am currently compiling a list of GREAT FERRET STORIES!!!

Please send me your CUTE, HAPPY, JOYFUL, FUN, MISCHEVIOUS
ferret stories.  When I receive a whole bunch I will either
post them here (and the ferret_mailing_list) or just send a
note out that copies are available for sending if you mail
me.

So PLEASE, take a few minutes to tell me your GREAT stories.
Anything you like, except please don't send depressing, sad,
or abusive stories - sorry I had to mention that but I have
received a few :(  

Thanks in advance!

Chris.  :)


OR press 'r' to reply by email to this message while reading news.

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%


Training/ Consulting Staff      Room 283
Computer Aided Engineering      265-2636

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%    

A few words of wisdom from the smaller creatures in my life:

        ^?{

        C0o*-*-

        Bop^?0o

And there you have it, from two wonderful ferrets;
Scooter and Nina.
--

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Christine Ha » Tue, 07 Jul 1992 11:19:05


Hey all you ferret owners or friends thereof:

I am currently compiling a list of GREAT FERRET STORIES!!!

Please send me your CUTE, HAPPY, JOYFUL, FUN, MISCHEVIOUS
ferret stories.  When I receive a whole bunch I will either
post them here (and the ferret_mailing_list) or just send a
note out that copies are available for sending if you mail
me.

So PLEASE, take a few minutes to tell me your GREAT stories.
Anything you like, except please don't send depressing, sad,
or abusive stories - sorry I had to mention that but I have
received a few :(  

Thanks in advance!

Chris.  :)


OR press 'r' to reply by email to this message while reading news.
--

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Don Baldw » Thu, 09 Jul 1992 09:23:07



Quote:
(Christine Haas) writes:
>Hey all you ferret owners or friends thereof:

Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

Quote:
>Please send me your CUTE, HAPPY, JOYFUL, FUN, MISCHEVIOUS
>ferret stories.  When I receive a whole bunch I will either
>post them here (and the ferret_mailing_list) or just send a
>note out that copies are available for sending if you mail
>me.

Well, me and the boys were sittin' out back after a day at the target
range, when this cute, happy, joyful, fun mischievious ferret wandered
by.  My buddy Al, who had been cleaning his Beretta pistol, took a few
shots at the ferret but only managed to wing it a little, takin' one of
its ears off and stunnin' it.  Old Al always was a bad shot...

Then, I got this great idea:  why not feed the cute ferret to my cute
Anaconda?  We grabbed him up and had him in the cage a moment later.
At first, ol' Mike the Anaconda kinda just sat there...then, he
started to prowl.  The ferret took a step and BAM!  ol' Mike grabbed
him.

At first, the ferret tried to struggle.  His eyes bugged out and his
feet scrabbled furiously.  Then he got quieter for a while.  Then, his
feet gave a couple spasmodic twitches and he moved no more.  Then, ol'
Mike ate him.

The End.

   don

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Barbara Carlso » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 03:22:39


Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

Quote:
> Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
> lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

> This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...

[besides, the ferret would most likely kill the snake]

And *I* like ferrets, birds, bunnies, dogs, cats, lizards, and yes ...
humans, too.

--Barb--

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Jason Ch » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 04:27:33


|> Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

|> > Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
|> > lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?
|> >  
|> > This is your first post to the net, isn't it...
|>
|> Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...
|>
He is child-like, rather than immature.

The difference is that those who had a laugh are child-like; those who
were offended are immature.

--

C. Jason Chen                

**************V-Mail: (908)699-6993
**************P-Mail: 444 Hoes Lane, 1E229, Piscataway, NJ

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Cameron Bo » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 04:31:21


Quote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

>> Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>> lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

>> This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

>Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...

>[besides, the ferret would most likely kill the snake]

>And *I* like ferrets, birds, bunnies, dogs, cats, lizards, and yes ...
>humans, too.

>--Barb--

Hear hear!  Down with unnecessary slamming of people on the net, unless,
of course, they deserve it.  (-:

Cam

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Stephen Dennis » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 02:59:00


Standard flame disclaimer ... press `n' now ...

Quote:


>(Christine Haas) writes:
>>Hey all you ferret owners or friends thereof:

>Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

You mean like *me*, don ? Silly indeed.

Quote:
>This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

No, but let me know when you expend some intellectual enegry for the first
time on the net ...

Quote:

>>Please send me your CUTE, HAPPY, JOYFUL, FUN, MISCHEVIOUS
>>ferret stories.  When I receive a whole bunch I will either
>>post them here (and the ferret_mailing_list) or just send a
>>note out that copies are available for sending if you mail
>>me.

>Well, me and the boys were sittin' out back after a day at the target
>range, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I guess this explains it ... boys will be boys.

Try again when you grow up, don.

Quote:
>The End.

.. and we don't have to wonder *which* end, do we don old buddy ?

-- Stephen

nuthin' left but the signature... press `n' to skip it.

        The `past' is the pablum we feed our souls when the `future' has
        soured. Though it will sustain us, it will not allow growth.

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Kyle Wohlm » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 06:20:49



Quote:
>Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

>> Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>> lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

>> This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

>Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...

Is it?  I think that's a rather legitimate question...  I mean even if
you can accept that there might be a user who's into herps AND ferrets
(neurotic at best!), I think it would be safe to conclude that that
person would read not only rec.pets.herps but ALSO rec.pets,
rec.pets.fuzzy.mammalian.cutsie, or whatever.  No, I gotta chide in
in support of Don here, there was no call to post the ferret message
on rec.pets.herp.  There's entirely too much misuse of crossposting in
this heirarchy; that's how the last three flame wars to be seen on
this group started, and we're STILL seeing fallout messages from some
of them.

Quote:
>[besides, the ferret would most likely kill the snake]

Uh, in your dreams Barbie... I can pretty much unequivocably say that
any baby ANACONDA wouldn't get a second look at the biggest, baddest
ferret there ever was.  Except as it came out the other end, of
course.

Quote:
>And *I* like ferrets, birds, bunnies, dogs, cats, lizards, and yes ...
>humans, too.

Flippin' ***y good for you.

-/-/-/-/-/-/
Kyle
'On the other hand, who's going to miss one rabbit in the grand scheme
of things?
/-/-/-/-/-/-

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by joseph.j.de ro » Fri, 10 Jul 1992 23:41:05


Quote:

>Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

>> Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>> lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

>> This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

>Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...

>[besides, the ferret would most likely kill the snake]

>And *I* like ferrets, birds, bunnies, dogs, cats, lizards, and yes ...
>humans, too.

So do I. ALl of them can be delicious when properly prepared.....

Joe DeRosa ;-)

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Don Baldw » Sat, 11 Jul 1992 00:40:34



Quote:
(Barbara Carlson) writes:
>Excerpts from netnews.rec.pets: 8-Jul-92 Re: GREAT FERRET STORIES WA..

>> Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>> lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

>> This is your first post to the net, isn't it...

>Hmmm ... Don, your immaturity is showing ...

Why, because I get cranky when people crosspost indiscriminately?  Please
note that I have set followups to rec.pets only.  For those new to the
net, that allows crossposted articles to be focused down to one newsgroup,
saving the net money.

Quote:
>[besides, the ferret would most likely kill the snake]

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  Large snakes such as pythons typically
eat dangerous animals such as rats.  A grown anaconda would be very
dangerous to a human; its diet would typically consist of large animals
such as full grown chickens, even small pigs.

Now, I don't know if a ferret is significantly more dangerous than a
grown rat.  Even with rats though, snake owners have to resort to
stunning the animal before putting it in the snake's cage.  That's
why I specified that the ferret in question had been stunned by a
glancing shot to the head from a 9mm pistol.

Quote:
>And *I* like ferrets, birds, bunnies, dogs, cats, lizards, and yes ...
>humans, too.

Well, that's very special; it's good to know that there are some "nice"
people on the net, instead of surly curmudgeons like myself.  That's why,
if I had a question to ask about macaws for example, I wouldn't be so
sloppy as to crosspost it to rec.aquaria or rec.pets.cats

Have a nice day!

   don
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seen on a bumper sticker:
        "I killed Shirley Maclaine in a previous life"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Bob Pe » Sat, 11 Jul 1992 02:39:51


Quote:


>(Christine Haas) writes:
>>Hey all you ferret owners or friends thereof:

>Now, why would you make the silly assumption that there would be ferret
>lovers in dog/cat/herptile/bird groups?

This comment might have been appropriate.

Quote:
>Well, me and the boys were sittin' out back after a day at the target
>range, when this cute, happy, joyful, fun mischievious ferret wandered
>by.  My buddy Al, who had been cleaning his Beretta pistol, took a few
>shots at the ferret but only managed to wing it a little, takin' one of
>its ears off and stunnin' it.  Old Al always was a bad shot...

(much self indulgent dribble deleted)

Your story most certainly was not! Please keep this kind of ***to
yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Bob Peak                        |   The opinions expressed above      |
| NCR Corporation                 |   may not be consistent with those  |
| MCPD-Columbia                   |   of my employer.                   |
| Columbia, South Carolina        |-------------------------------------|
| (803) 791-6711                  |                                     |

| ..!uunet!ncrlink!ncrcae!bob.peak|   may not be consistent.            |
|_________________________________|_____________________________________|                                                  

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by hckru.. » Sat, 11 Jul 1992 22:25:47



Quote:
> Enough with the ferrets & the target practice already!  This is starting
> to look like all the other newsgroups!

> Joyce

I agree!  Jeez!! - just a few days after I post something about what a nice
newsgroup this is, a silly, and I mean silly, little flamewar breaks out.  I
sincerely hope it's all over now, and we can go back to talking about the
merits of various flea remedies, etc.

Holly

 
 
 

GREAT FERRET STORIES WANTED

Post by Kyle Wohlm » Sun, 12 Jul 1992 03:23:23



(Genome "GNOMES!!!" South user) writes:

Quote:
>Enough with the ferrets & the target practice already!  This is starting
>to look like all the other newsgroups!

Uhm, excuse me Joyce, but when you say 'this,' exactly WHICH newsgroup
were you referring to? (In case you hadn't noticed, your message was
posted to 5, count 'em -five- newsgroups.  No wonder 'this' is
starting to look like 'all the other newsgroups,' when they all have
the same messages on them!)

-/-/-/-/-/-/
Kyle
'There once was an age of reason, but we've progressed beyond it.'
--Ayn Rand
/-/-/-/-/-/-