Chad Schlotter

Description of your first forum.

Chad Schlotter

Post by Solaris Doberman » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00




private emails regarding his rules to posting.

Anyone else getting them??????

Kumiko

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Lynn Kosmako » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Quote:


> private emails regarding his rules to posting.
> Anyone else getting them??????

Yeah, I got one, and I do understand his point.  He frequents one
of the other newsgroups the ad was posted to, unrelated to dog
breeds.  I believe that he'll be happy if anyone responding to
that thread take care to trim the headers to reply to this group
only.  Not a real problem.

Lynn K.

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Cris Wall » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00


On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:43:27 GMT, Solaris Dobermans

Quote:


>private emails regarding his rules to posting.

>Anyone else getting them??????

Yep. Don't think he realizes Usenet is a free medium.

Cris Waller

Fast Fourward Flyball Team
www.flyball.com/fastfourward/index.html
Flat-coated retriever art gallery
http://members.tripod.com/antique_fcr/index.html

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Fred H. Mille » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Being a free medium does not make excessive cross posting less annoying.
Cindy's observation that msu could close the groups is valid, but they might
like them open for various reasons.

I sometimes refrain from posting in a thread that is getting cross posted
and if I do I almost always trim out all but the group that I am reading.
This might break up the thread for others that are reading it on another ng,
but, what the heck.

I have serious doubts that anything I say is interesting or important enough
to be worthy of posting in multiple groups :-)

Fred


Quote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:43:27 GMT, Solaris Dobermans


> >private emails regarding his rules to posting.

> >Anyone else getting them??????

> Yep. Don't think he realizes Usenet is a free medium.

> Cris Waller

> Fast Fourward Flyball Team
> www.flyball.com/fastfourward/index.html
> Flat-coated retriever art gallery
> http://members.tripod.com/antique_fcr/index.html

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Nancy E. Holmes or R. Nelson Ruffi » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00


oh yes he's emaling me too
my reply was that if he has a problem with cross postings maybe he ought to
train his user base a bit better to not use those groups when posting to
usenet
my reader says those groups don't even exist - so just how am I to know
anything is going there?
Nancy
Quote:


>private emails regarding his rules to posting.

>Anyone else getting them??????

>Kumiko

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Mud E P » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


I don't have a clue if something is crossposted, or even how to crosspost. On
AOL there are but two opetions, e-mail adn post to Newsgroup, and in this case
it just says Rec.......breeds...
 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Ki » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


I have figured out how to cross post....  but I have no clue how to
tell if a post is cross posted.    any ideas how i can check?


Quote:
>I don't have a clue if something is crossposted, or even how to crosspost. On
>AOL there are but two opetions, e-mail adn post to Newsgroup, and in this case
>it just says Rec.......breeds...

             .-"-.
            /|6 6|\
           {/(_0_)\}
            _/ ^ \_
     ...   (/ /^\ \)-'   ...
            ""' '""  
   ~~~~Please Remove "I LOVE BRITTANYS" when replying to this post~~~~
 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Marla Belzowsk » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00




Quote:
> oh yes he's emaling me too
> my reply was that if he has a problem with cross postings maybe he
ought to
> train his user base a bit better to not use those groups when posting
to
> usenet
> my reader says those groups don't even exist - so just how am I to
know
> anything is going there?
> Nancy

I've just figured out how I can tell if I'm cross posting too.
I generally just use the "response function" so I don't look at "what"
groups are listed in the Forum area.

I think you all have now probably seen the response from Jeff "whats-
his-name".  I tracked down his login to the source and it looks like
he's a Program Analysist for MSU (not the top Computer site manager,
but an underling).  This Chadd guy isn't even mentioned in the MSU
Admin list.

Quite frankly I find their censorship attempts to be infuriating.  If
they want the MSU FORSALE group to be MSU exclusive, then they should
limit access from un-regestered sources and they should inform their
users not to crosspost.  Of course all their students, faculty and
staff should be registered and I'm sure they can figure out how to do
that if they really want too.

Sure they can seal themselves off in their only little private
world...duck their head in the sand....The all of a sudden KABAM the
real world hits you.. and what do you do??  Well its apparent to me
that a lot of people still think they can do what they did in
college....avoid the issue...

Geez, I wish I could go back to that type of living....

--
Marla Belzowski
& the LegendHold Collie Clan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Marla Belzowsk » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00




Quote:

> private emails regarding his rules to posting.

> Anyone else getting them??????

> Kumiko

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Hey how about a another e-mail from our buddy Chadd......

Date:  Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:52:14 -0500 (CDT)

Subject:  MSU.FORSALE

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what, nobody died and made me king but people who don't know
where all there replies are going shouldn't even be sending mail.  Get a
grip on this dog thing lady.  All of the dogs Mr. Burnett brought into
this world are just fine.  This is Mississippi State's newsgroup and one
not needing input from all the 'Dog Lovers' of the world.  Obviously you
didn't read the email from one of the newsgroup coordinators that said
post only to the rec groups and not the MSU groups.  And all of us at
MSU
would like to thank you for taking up another 8k on our newsgroup, your
rambling I'm sure will be read by about 2 or 3 people while the rest
cuss
because 'dog lovin' person took up more space.  In the future limit
sending your messages to people that actually give a damn and this
newsgroup at MSU tried to end all of this yesterday.  And if you want to
email me back, feel free, anything about this stupid dead topic is
filtered straight to my trash bin.  Have a nice day!

Chadd Schlotter

_____________

Such lovely young men we are brining up in our Universities these days.

--
Marla Belzowski
& the LegendHold Collie Clan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by BKenn1 » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Quote:
>Such lovely young men we are brining up in our Universities these days

What a horse's patoot he is!!!!  
 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Lisa Bair » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Of course, if the buyers aren't ON another newsgroup, that seems an unlikely

place to do any good, doesn't it? And we will, once again, clean up after
the breeders producing unhealthy pups.

Quote:

> Thank you for sending yet another message to the newsgroup after we said
> it was strictly a for sale newsgroup.  The education of the buyers
> should take place on another newsgroup and not the one at MSU.  But,
> thanks once again, for wasting more space and inviting more responses
> about this 'DEAD' topic.

> Please do not send any more messages to MSU.FORSALE,
> Chadd Schlotter

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa Baird
Haleakala Portuguese Water Dogs
Buckeye Region Agility Group
Dublin, Ohio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by Solaris Doberman » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Lynn,

I told him when he emailed me that I was sorry for the post going to
where it did, however, I had no idea.  There was no reason for him to
be so rude about it by sending messages to everyone.  Obviously there
were quite a few people who had no idea the original post advertising
three litters of puppies was cross posted.

So...I do understand his point, but at the same time I don't agree with
his method of getting it across.

Kumiko



Quote:



> > private emails regarding his rules to posting.
> > Anyone else getting them??????

> Yeah, I got one, and I do understand his point.  He frequents one
> of the other newsgroups the ad was posted to, unrelated to dog
> breeds.  I believe that he'll be happy if anyone responding to
> that thread take care to trim the headers to reply to this group
> only.  Not a real problem.

> Lynn K.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
 
 
 

Chad Schlotter

Post by g.brewe » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

>>Such lovely young men we are brining up in our Universities these days

>What a horse's patoot he is!!!!

Undoubtedly majoring in public relations.

Gary