Nikki's trip to the vet

Description of your first forum.

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Les Hilliar » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:11:26



  Late last week I noticed a couple of bumps or lumps on Nikki's right
eyelid, above her eye.  She's been bitten by mosquito's around her eyes
before and it swells up but disappears after a day or two.  This time the
swelling didn't go down and by yesterday (Monday) it had been going on five
days and the lumps weren't going away so I took her to see her vet last
night.  He's a professor at the University of North Dakota and has a small
vet business on his farm in the evenings.
    He took a look at her eyelid and couldn't figure out what the lumps
were or what might be causing them.  He also found a third, small lump
forming on the lid under her left eye that I hadn't noticed.  He cut one of
the lumps on her right eye open to see if it was infected and fortunately
it wasn't. We're guessing that she might have gotten into something outside
that she's alergic to but we're not sure.  He gave me some antibiotics,
eyedrops, and ointment and told me to watch them in the next few days and
let him know if there is any change.
    The lumps don't seem to be bothering Nikki at all, at least as far as I
can tell.  I was worried about her eye but the lumps appear to be only in
the eyelid and her eyes appear to be healthy.  In fact the vet said I've
been taking good care of her eyes but he doesn't know what the lumps are.  
I can't think of anything she might have gotten into that would cause  any
allergies or irritation and there have been no abrupt changes in her diet.
At this point I'm at a loss.  I'm hoping that the lumps will go away in a
few more days.  Has anyone else noticed anything like this before?  - - Les

--
Les Hilliard & Nikki the Super Shih-Tzu

 
 
 

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Spot » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:37:34


Are you sure they aren't warts?  I have a beagle mix who has lots of warts
all over.  He also has one on the rim of the eye lid and another further up
on the eye lid.  For now neither of them are growing and they aren't
bothering him but if they should get bigger I will have to have them
removed.

Celeste


Quote:
>  Late last week I noticed a couple of bumps or lumps on Nikki's right
> eyelid, above her eye.  She's been bitten by mosquito's around her eyes
> before and it swells up but disappears after a day or two.  This time the
> swelling didn't go down and by yesterday (Monday) it had been going on
> five
> days and the lumps weren't going away so I took her to see her vet last
> night.  He's a professor at the University of North Dakota and has a small
> vet business on his farm in the evenings.
>    He took a look at her eyelid and couldn't figure out what the lumps
> were or what might be causing them.  He also found a third, small lump
> forming on the lid under her left eye that I hadn't noticed.  He cut one
> of
> the lumps on her right eye open to see if it was infected and fortunately
> it wasn't. We're guessing that she might have gotten into something
> outside
> that she's alergic to but we're not sure.  He gave me some antibiotics,
> eyedrops, and ointment and told me to watch them in the next few days and
> let him know if there is any change.
>    The lumps don't seem to be bothering Nikki at all, at least as far as I
> can tell.  I was worried about her eye but the lumps appear to be only in
> the eyelid and her eyes appear to be healthy.  In fact the vet said I've
> been taking good care of her eyes but he doesn't know what the lumps are.
> I can't think of anything she might have gotten into that would cause  any
> allergies or irritation and there have been no abrupt changes in her diet.
> At this point I'm at a loss.  I'm hoping that the lumps will go away in a
> few more days.  Has anyone else noticed anything like this before?  - -
> Les

> --
> Les Hilliard & Nikki the Super Shih-Tzu

 
 
 

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Les Hilliar » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:13:21




Quote:
> Are you sure they aren't warts?  I have a beagle mix who has lots of
> warts all over.  He also has one on the rim of the eye lid and another
> further up on the eye lid.  For now neither of them are growing and
> they aren't bothering him but if they should get bigger I will have to
> have them removed.

> Celeste

        I'm pretty sure Nikki got into something that caused an allergic
reaction.  What it was, I'm not sure but she's been on antibiotics and
eyedrops since Monday night and the lumps have decreased in size some.  She
has a recurring rash in the folds of skin under her eyes and she rubs her
face on the floor when it's itchy.  She may have picked something up from
the carpet in my apartment or in the hallway or even outside in the grass.  
It's hard to say where but it appears to be from an allergy.  If the
swelling hasn't completely or almost completely disappeared by Friday
afternoon I'll take her back in and her vet said he'd run some tests.  They
appear to be getting better so I'm sure they aren't warts but I thank you
for responding Celeste.

--
Les Hilliard & Nikki the Super Shih-Tzu

 
 
 

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Les Hilliar » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 05:36:23




Quote:


>> Are you sure they aren't warts?  I have a beagle mix who has lots of
>> warts all over.  He also has one on the rim of the eye lid and
>> another further up on the eye lid.  For now neither of them are
>> growing and they aren't bothering him but if they should get bigger I
>> will have to have them removed.

>> Celeste

>          I'm pretty sure Nikki got into something that caused an
>          allergic
> reaction.  What it was, I'm not sure but she's been on antibiotics and
> eyedrops since Monday night and the lumps have decreased in size some.
>  She has a recurring rash in the folds of skin under her eyes and she
> rubs her face on the floor when it's itchy.  She may have picked
> something up from the carpet in my apartment or in the hallway or even
> outside in the grass.  It's hard to say where but it appears to be
> from an allergy.  If the swelling hasn't completely or almost
> completely disappeared by Friday afternoon I'll take her back in and
> her vet said he'd run some tests.  They appear to be getting better so
> I'm sure they aren't warts but I thank you for responding Celeste.

        If anyone is interested, I checked out Nikki's eyelid when she woke
up his morning and the lumps have almost completely disappeared.  I'm
assuming it was an allergic reaction and quite probably it came from
something outside.  I still don't know exactly what but I've been making
sure that she dosen't rub her face in the grass just in case she got into
something there.  Her vet said to continue the medication through next week
just to be sure it clears up.

--
Les Hilliard & Nikki the Super Shih-Tzu

 
 
 

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Handsome Jack Morriso » Sun, 17 Sep 2006 06:07:24


On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:36:23 -0500, Les Hilliard

[]

Quote:
>            If anyone is interested, I checked out Nikki's eyelid when she woke
>up his morning and the lumps have almost completely disappeared.  I'm
>assuming it was an allergic reaction and quite probably it came from
>something outside.  I still don't know exactly what but I've been making
>sure that she dosen't rub her face in the grass just in case she got into
>something there.  Her vet said to continue the medication through next week
>just to be sure it clears up.

That's good news, Les.

Allergic reactions are seldom easy to pin down precisely.

But that sounds like what happened hear.

Good luck!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

A very, very brave woman dies - Oriana Fallaci. R.I.P.
(read her books, while you still can)
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
The Iraqi Truth Project:
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
Payback's gonna be a real ***.
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
Deranged Democrat Watch
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
"Reality Based" Community Watch:
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
The "Azzam" Threat: A prelude to Future Jihad in America:
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
The Waiting Game:
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
Border War. Another must-see movie.
http://www.moonsgarden.com/
Playing with fire, the commie pinko liberal way:
http://www.moonsgarden.com/

 
 
 

Nikki's trip to the vet

Post by Judith Althou » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:35:50


Hi Les,
  I am glad to hear it is apparently allergiies with Nikki's eye lid and
that she is healing.  I live in the land of allergies. FLA

Be Free,
Judy