So quick thanks

Description of your first forum.

So quick thanks

Post by Pat » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 05:16:19



Dear Cliff,
                 Thanks for answering so promptly, I have just blocked all
the one's that I did not already delete (5)
I get enough junk mail through the door , now on here.
The sun is shinning hear about where you are.
The dogs are laying in doors asleep in the cool, they say it's a dogs life.
Well if they live here it is, fans going for them, water in and out doors.
I would love to be a dog in my house, and I expect at all this groups houses
as well.
Phoned up yesterday to have my dog (Rosie) tested for temperament and
behaviour so I can register  her as a P.A.T dog.
Seems apt doesn't it.
Pat.
 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Radical Drago » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:54:28


Hi Pat,

Quote:
> Dear Cliff,
>                  Thanks for answering so promptly, I have just blocked all
> the one's that I did not already delete (5)

Good:-)

Quote:
> I get enough junk mail through the door , now on here.

Its a permanent problem on the net:-/

Quote:
> The sun is shinning hear about where you are.
> The dogs are laying in doors asleep in the cool, they say it's a dogs

life.

For some its a good life:-)

Quote:
> Well if they live here it is, fans going for them, water in and out doors.
> I would love to be a dog in my house, and I expect at all this groups
houses
> as well.

Nah, some of us live in caves:-) But anyway glad to hear the poochies are
happy:-)

Quote:
> Phoned up yesterday to have my dog (Rosie) tested for temperament and
> behaviour so I can register  her as a P.A.T dog.
> Seems apt doesn't it.

Well give your pet Rosie a pat from me:-)

Cheers,
            Cliff

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Pat » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:29:49


Hi Cliff,


Quote:
> Hi Pat,


> > Dear Cliff,
> >                  Thanks for answering so promptly, I have just blocked
all
> > the one's that I did not already delete (5)
> Good:-)

> > I get enough junk mail through the door , now on here.

> Its a permanent problem on the net:-/

> > The sun is shinning hear about where you are.
> > The dogs are laying in doors asleep in the cool, they say it's a dogs
> life.

> For some its a good life:-)

Yes it is , well for some anyway.

Quote:
> > Well if they live here it is, fans going for them, water in and out
doors.
> > I would love to be a dog in my house, and I expect at all this groups
> houses
> > as well.

> Nah, some of us live in caves:-) But anyway glad to hear the poochies are
> happy:-)

Oh Cliff I am so sorry , such a shame for you, still think of it this way
No need to have a vacuum cleaner.
You can pull the wife around by her hair (dont tell her I said that.)
Life so simple ,just see you in cave man gear.
Well got a good imagination.

can register  her as a P.A.T dog.

Quote:
> > Seems apt doesn't it.

> Well give your pet Rosie a pat from me:-)

Have  done , and how I would love to put my arms around your PMD.
Bet he is a good cuddle.
How is Scruff now??

Pat.

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by radical drago » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:15:53


Hi Pat,

Quote:
> Hi Cliff,

message

> > > as well.

> > Nah, some of us live in caves:-) But anyway glad to hear the poochies
are
> > happy:-)

> Oh Cliff I am so sorry , such a shame for you, still think of it this way
> No need to have a vacuum cleaner.

I dont any more anyway, cant afford to keep buying em, I musta
gone through about 8 in the last 10 years or so, pyrrie hair kills em:-(
Here we curry comb the carpet, sweep it then try the vaacum cleaner,
and still they croak after about 3 to 5 months..

Quote:
> You can pull the wife around by her hair (dont tell her I said that.)
> Life so simple ,just see you in cave man gear.

Nope, she's bigger than me:-))

Quote:
> Well got a good imagination.

grin

Quote:
> can register  her as a P.A.T dog.
> > > Seems apt doesn't it.

> > Well give your pet Rosie a pat from me:-)

> Have  done , and how I would love to put my arms around your PMD.
> Bet he is a good cuddle.

A wet one, slobbers quite a bit does Sid:-) 1st slobbering pyrrie I've had
but he's a cuddly mut alright:-)

Quote:
> How is Scruff now??

She's a bit better, eating again, damm vet's are only open
at certain times and thanks to british gas/ask transco its
impossible to get a car off my estate anytime after 0700
and before 1930ish:-( Vets are of course by appt only
and at 9-10 am and 4-6 pm:-( She's going tomorrow
in the afternoon when theres not enuff traffic to block
the estate off.
At least she's not as ill as she seemed, but I have to
think now of her QOL:-/ her hearing seems to be
deteriorating a bit as is her sense of smell,
and a blind dog needs both of those or its cut off
completely:-/
She greets me just as before, but each day she's
a little bit less confident and slower..Might be she
 has an infection or summat and an antibiotic
will sort it out, I hope so.. She's such an
affectionate and loving pooch.Does as
she's told as well unlike pyrries:-)

Its' strange, I've only ever been cut off like this
in Africa, and not been able to go where I want
by car, to be ***y isolated by traffic in the UK
is ***y daft:-(

Cheers,
            Cliff
I hate London, its traffic, its utilities and its perpetual
idiots:-(

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Pat » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 23:33:49


Hi Cliff,


Quote:
> Hi Pat,


> > Hi Cliff,

> message

> > > > as well.

> > > Nah, some of us live in caves:-) But anyway glad to hear the poochies
> are
> > > happy:-)

> > Oh Cliff I am so sorry , such a shame for you, still think of it this
way
> > No need to have a vacuum cleaner.

> I dont any more anyway, cant afford to keep buying em, I musta
> gone through about 8 in the last 10 years or so, pyrrie hair kills em:-(
> Here we curry comb the carpet, sweep it then try the vaacum cleaner,
> and still they croak after about 3 to 5 months..

They really lose that many hair, but not surprised.

Quote:
> > You can pull the wife around by her hair (dont tell her I said that.)
> > Life so simple ,just see you in cave man gear.

> Nope, she's bigger than me:-))

Won't say a word, promise,can't speak for all the other's sorry.

Quote:
> > Well got a good imagination.
> grin

Smile.

Quote:
> > can register  her as a P.A.T dog.
> > > > Seems apt doesn't it.

> > > Well give your pet Rosie a pat from me:-)

> > Have  done , and how I would love to put my arms around your PMD.
> > Bet he is a good cuddle.

> A wet one, slobbers quite a bit does Sid:-) 1st slobbering pyrrie I've had
> but he's a cuddly mut alright:-)

I would still love to cuddle him ,and get slobbered over,mine like kissing
as well.
Probably get burried in his fur, lovely .
I love the smell of dogs feet in the summer, the pads smell lovely.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > How is Scruff now??

> She's a bit better, eating again, damm vet's are only open
> at certain times and thanks to british gas/ask transco its
> impossible to get a car off my estate anytime after 0700
> and before 1930ish:-( Vets are of course by appt only
> and at 9-10 am and 4-6 pm:-( She's going tomorrow
> in the afternoon when theres not enuff traffic to block
> the estate off.
> At least she's not as ill as she seemed, but I have to
> think now of her QOL:-/ her hearing seems to be
> deteriorating a bit as is her sense of smell,
> and a blind dog needs both of those or its cut off
> completely:-/
> She greets me just as before, but each day she's
> a little bit less confident and slower..Might be she
>  has an infection or summat and an antibiotic
> will sort it out, I hope so.. She's such an
> affectionate and loving pooch.Does as
> she's told as well unlike pyrries:-)

How did you get on at the vets,?? that is if you have been able to go.
Isuppose if she cannot see or hear ,her world must be lonely.
All she has is smell and touch,it is a shame when they get old.
They are like part of the family.
A lot of the time we prefer them to people,all present company execpted
Sorry folks ,only some people.
With dogs a lot of the time when they are old we fear taking them to
the vet because of what we might hear, not always bad,
if they go straight away.
So hope you doggie is on the mend.Know what it's like
Pat.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> Its' strange, I've only ever been cut off like this
> in Africa, and not been able to go where I want
> by car, to be ***y isolated by traffic in the UK
> is ***y daft:-(

> Cheers,
>             Cliff
> I hate London, its traffic, its utilities and its perpetual
> idiots:-(

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Radical Drago » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:27:23


Hi Pat,

[snip]
Quote:
> > A wet one, slobbers quite a bit does Sid:-) 1st slobbering pyrrie I've
had
> > but he's a cuddly mut alright:-)
> I would still love to cuddle him ,and get slobbered over,mine like kissing
> as well.

Today he excelled himself, was as good as gold, didnt try to jump on
any OAP's just let them pet him, then found a WPC that wasnt as tall as him
and tried to put both paws on her shoulders:-) She keeps dogs so wasnt put
out:-)

Quote:
> Probably get burried in his fur, lovely .
> I love the smell of dogs feet in the summer, the pads smell lovely.

Sid finds as as much muck as he can, needs to be brushed clean after
as well as before and walk..

[snip]

Quote:
> How did you get on at the vets,?? that is if you have been able to go.
> I suppose if she cannot see or hear ,her world must be lonely.
> All she has is smell and touch,it is a shame when they get old.

She's perked up a lot, fried her some lambs heart for nosh, and she
tucked in ok, Vet has given her a shot and she's now on antibiotics
for the next few days, she's got a skin infection causing sore spots,
so twice a week she's due to have those spots bathed in a special
shampoo, and rinsed off after 10 mins.. Hope the weather holds up
it will be a lot better for her to be rinsed off with a hose in the garden
after her spampooing:-)

The main problem is getting 2 large tablets down her throat every day..

Quote:
> With dogs a lot of the time when they are old we fear taking them to
> the vet because of what we might hear, not always bad,
> if they go straight away.

I was concerned that she might have to be put to sleep, thats
resolved now, she will I think be ok.

Quote:
> So hope you doggie is on the mend.Know what it's like

Yeah, I had to take Sam my last pyrrie on a trip I knew he
wouldnt be comming back from:-/  But for now Scruff's is
gonna be ok:-)

Cheers,
            Cliff

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Pat » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:25:49


Hi Cliff,
        Weather fab here,is yours the same.?


Quote:
> Hi Pat,


> [snip]
> > > A wet one, slobbers quite a bit does Sid:-) 1st slobbering pyrrie I've
> had

Bet he does, arent they all the same when it comes to slobbering then.

Quote:
> > > but he's a cuddly mut alright:-)

Bet he is , give him a big kiss and cuddle just from me please.

Quote:
> > I would still love to cuddle him ,and get slobbered over,mine like
kissing
> > as well.
> Today he excelled himself, was as good as gold, didnt try to jump on
> any OAP's just let them pet him, then found a WPC that wasnt as tall as
him
> and tried to put both paws on her shoulders:-) She keeps dogs so wasnt put
> out:-)

> > Probably get burried in his fur, lovely .

Big, big smile .

Quote:
> > I love the smell of dogs feet in the summer, the pads smell lovely.

> Sid finds as as much muck as he can, needs to be brushed clean after
> as well as before and walk..

 Bet he has to have a good brush every day, mine dont have the same problem.
How does the heat afect them.?
Do not know a lot about PMD do know a lot about GSD and Labradors though.

Quote:
> [snip]
> > How did you get on at the vets,?? that is if you have been able to go.
> > I suppose if she cannot see or hear ,her world must be lonely.
> > All she has is smell and touch,it is a shame when they get old.

> She's perked up a lot, fried her some lambs heart for nosh, and she
> tucked in ok, Vet has given her a shot and she's now on antibiotics
> for the next few days, she's got a skin infection causing sore spots,
> so twice a week she's due to have those spots bathed in a special
> shampoo, and rinsed off after 10 mins.. Hope the weather holds up
> it will be a lot better for her to be rinsed off with a hose in the garden
> after her spampooing:-)

That should be fun.

Quote:
> The main problem is getting 2 large tablets down her throat every day..

Never had any problems with mine ,try puting a slit in her fried meat,
then push it in.
I know that almost all antibiotics should be given on an empty stomache, but
a small peice of food will be ok.

Quote:
> > With dogs a lot of the time when they are old we fear taking them to
> > the vet because of what we might hear, not always bad,
> > if they go straight away.
> I was concerned that she might have to be put to sleep, thats
> resolved now, she will I think be ok.

Yes Cliff years ago when animals went to the vet, it seemed they were always
put down.
Think that has a lasting effect when it happens.
Where as prevention is better than cure.
A very true saying.
With cats as an example, they usually end up with Kidney failure.
People get scared to take them.
I however knew that was what my old cat had, took her to the vets
got the injections, along with a special food diet.
Worked really well .
If I had left hershe probably died a lot sooner.
So hope Scuff is feeling better today.
Will take a couple of days.
Are you able to get out of the drive now.
I suppose with a PMD you need that estate car, fancy trying to get the dog
in a mini (big smile)
Sending you a big dog not a PMD but on those lines,
hope you like it.
Pat.
Quote:
> > So hope you doggie is on the mend.Know what it's like

> Yeah, I had to take Sam my last pyrrie on a trip I knew he
> wouldnt be comming back from:-/  But for now Scruff's is
> gonna be ok:-)

> Cheers,
>             Cliff

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by radical drago » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:31:25


Hi Pat,

Quote:
> Hi Cliff,
>         Weather fab here,is yours the same.?

28 celsius today, 30 tomorrow, seen it cooler
in Spain:-))

Cheers,
            Cliff

Quote:
> > shampoo, and rinsed off after 10 mins.. Hope the weather holds up
> > it will be a lot better for her to be rinsed off with a hose in the
garden
> > after her spampooing:-)

> That should be fun.

***y hard work, why is it whenever you need to treat an animal with
medicine or whatever for their own good they act up?

Quote:
> > The main problem is getting 2 large tablets down her throat every day..

> Never had any problems with mine ,try puting a slit in her fried meat,
> then push it in.

She's off her food, so I cant put it in anything and be sure she will eat
it, and that
Sid wont end up eating it:-/
Quote:
> I know that almost all antibiotics should be given on an empty stomache,
but
> a small peice of food will be ok.

Both Scruffs and Sam, my last pyrrie have a bad habit anyway, put a tablet
in their nosh and they taste it, then every bite after that is nibbled at
until they
either find a tablet and spit it out or eat the food if there isnt one in
it..

So its a case of open her mouth put a half tablet right at the back of her
tongue, and hold her mouth shut,while stroking her throat, then repeat
for the 2nd half.. and repeat, if it doesnt go down and repeat etc..:-)

Quote:
> > I was concerned that she might have to be put to sleep, thats
> > resolved now, she will I think be ok.

> Yes Cliff years ago when animals went to the vet, it seemed they were
always
> put down.

Dunno, mine have always been to the vets for the usual stuff, jabs as pups
jabs for infections, checkups etc.. I think most owners know when a pet is
getting on and starts to loose some quality of life that one day they will
have
to play god and make some hard choices:-/

Quote:
> I however knew that was what my old cat had, took her to the vets
> got the injections, along with a special food diet.
> Worked really well .

For some animals, dogs/cats or whatever its possible to prolong
life, just as with humans, we live in general longer than we used to..
Lions live about 8 to 10 years in the wild, 30 in captivity, but their
additional years can be ones of idleness and boredom it those
looking after them arent clued up..

Quote:
> If I had left hershe probably died a lot sooner.

Yup, glad you did, its good to be able to help animals

Quote:
> So hope Scuff is feeling better today.
> Will take a couple of days.
> Are you able to get out of the drive now.

Time of day dependant:-/ Today is Sunday, and there was a gridlock
outside the estate from about 10am onwards, and still jammed tight at
1600hrs when I took Sid up the marshes..***y daft:-/

Quote:
> I suppose with a PMD you need that estate car, fancy trying to get the dog
> in a mini (big smile)

Its got to be an estate, if its not the dogs its my wifes wheelchair, so we
never get small cars.

Cheers,
             Cliff

 
 
 

So quick thanks

Post by Pat » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:28:48


Cliff,
      Can you send me your e-mail address.
Tried sending you something, keeps coming back
Pat.


Quote:
> Hi Pat,


> > Hi Cliff,
> >         Weather fab here,is yours the same.?
> 28 celsius today, 30 tomorrow, seen it cooler
> in Spain:-))

> Cheers,
>             Cliff
> > > shampoo, and rinsed off after 10 mins.. Hope the weather holds up
> > > it will be a lot better for her to be rinsed off with a hose in the
> garden
> > > after her spampooing:-)

> > That should be fun.
> ***y hard work, why is it whenever you need to treat an animal with
> medicine or whatever for their own good they act up?

> > > The main problem is getting 2 large tablets down her throat every
day..

> > Never had any problems with mine ,try puting a slit in her fried meat,
> > then push it in.
> She's off her food, so I cant put it in anything and be sure she will eat
> it, and that
> Sid wont end up eating it:-/
> > I know that almost all antibiotics should be given on an empty stomache,
> but
> > a small peice of food will be ok.
> Both Scruffs and Sam, my last pyrrie have a bad habit anyway, put a tablet
> in their nosh and they taste it, then every bite after that is nibbled at
> until they
> either find a tablet and spit it out or eat the food if there isnt one in
> it..

> So its a case of open her mouth put a half tablet right at the back of her
> tongue, and hold her mouth shut,while stroking her throat, then repeat
> for the 2nd half.. and repeat, if it doesnt go down and repeat etc..:-)

> > > I was concerned that she might have to be put to sleep, thats
> > > resolved now, she will I think be ok.

> > Yes Cliff years ago when animals went to the vet, it seemed they were
> always
> > put down.
> Dunno, mine have always been to the vets for the usual stuff, jabs as pups
> jabs for infections, checkups etc.. I think most owners know when a pet is
> getting on and starts to loose some quality of life that one day they will
> have
> to play god and make some hard choices:-/

> > I however knew that was what my old cat had, took her to the vets
> > got the injections, along with a special food diet.
> > Worked really well .
> For some animals, dogs/cats or whatever its possible to prolong
> life, just as with humans, we live in general longer than we used to..
> Lions live about 8 to 10 years in the wild, 30 in captivity, but their
> additional years can be ones of idleness and boredom it those
> looking after them arent clued up..

> > If I had left hershe probably died a lot sooner.

> Yup, glad you did, its good to be able to help animals

> > So hope Scuff is feeling better today.
> > Will take a couple of days.
> > Are you able to get out of the drive now.

> Time of day dependant:-/ Today is Sunday, and there was a gridlock
> outside the estate from about 10am onwards, and still jammed tight at
> 1600hrs when I took Sid up the marshes..***y daft:-/

> > I suppose with a PMD you need that estate car, fancy trying to get the
dog
> > in a mini (big smile)
> Its got to be an estate, if its not the dogs its my wifes wheelchair, so
we
> never get small cars.

> Cheers,
>              Cliff