A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Description of your first forum.

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by AngeTheUnsur » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:45:46



Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys are
5 years old and it's the Developers fence.  Ya know, about a metre tall,
consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced between - a
boundary marker really.  ANYWAY!!  I'm getting carried away now.  Is
this necessary do you think??  Or just a waste of time/money??

Ange
xx

--
AngeTheUnsure

 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by Bill » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 01:35:11



Quote:

> Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

> There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys are
> 5 years old and it's the Developers fence.  Ya know, about a metre tall,
> consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced between - a
> boundary marker really.  ANYWAY!!  I'm getting carried away now.  Is
> this necessary do you think??  Or just a waste of time/money??

> Ange
> xx

Wind breaks usually just happen. Generally, people in confined spaces
are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary? What is
a waste of money? I know there is a question lurking in there,
somewhere. Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to read,
perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
is now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the
moment of conception until death."  - Rachel Carson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI29wVQN8Go

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1072040.html

 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by David Hare-Scot » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:50:44


Quote:

> Morning Chaps and Happy Easter to you all.

> There is an open fence, well - not a fence really, thiese propertys
> are 5 years old and it's the Developers fence.  Ya know, about a
> metre tall, consisting of posts with 3 bits of timber equally spaced
> between - a boundary marker really.  ANYWAY!!  I'm getting carried
> away now.  Is this necessary do you think??  Or just a waste of
> time/money??

> Ange
> xx

Without knowing the layout of your land, the direction of seasonal winds etc
it is impossible to say.  This is not something where a vote is any use.

David

 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by AngeTheUnsur » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:59:16


NOT TO WORRY everyone!  I've raised the question with neighbour - these
aren't that small these gardens, by the way, so not reducing space
really.

OK then TO PUT IT PLAINLY (so that everyone can understand...) When I
said WINDBREAK, I meant only something as tall as the developers fence.
1mtr high.

-**Generally, people in confined spaces
are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary?**-

Is a WINDBREAK necessary, Billy[_7_].

-**Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to
read,
perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post**-

No need to answer any questions now Billy[_7_] - worked it out all by
myself.  

As for -**how much fun that may be for some people to read**- ,
sometimes it's GOOD to add a little fun... there's enough doom and
gloom in the world without having to read tight***** questions/answers.

Sorry if I antagonised anyone...that wasn't the plan at all...

David Hare-Scott[_2_] - As I've said, and yes, you DON'T know the lay
of the land - I've resolved the situation/problem myself thanks.

The windbreak, all 1m of it, appears to be working wonderfully....

AngeTheUnsure

--
AngeTheUnsure

 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by brooklyn » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 06:10:39


Quote:

> NOT TO WORRY everyone!  I've raised the question with neighbour - these
> aren't that small these gardens, by the way, so not reducing space
> really.

> OK then TO PUT IT PLAINLY (so that everyone can understand...) When I
> said WINDBREAK, I meant only something as tall as the developers fence.
> 1mtr high.

> -**Generally, people in confined spaces
> are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary?**-

> Is a WINDBREAK necessary, Billy[_7_].

> -**Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
> alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to
> read,
> perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post**-

> No need to answer any questions now Billy[_7_] - worked it out all by
> myself.

> As for -**how much fun that may be for some people to read**- ,
> sometimes it's GOOD to add a little fun... there's enough doom and
> gloom in the world without having to read tight***** questions/answers.

> Sorry if I antagonised anyone...that wasn't the plan at all...

> David Hare-Scott[_2_] - As I've said, and yes, you DON'T know the lay
> of the land - I've resolved the situation/problem myself thanks.

> The windbreak, all 1m of it, appears to be working wonderfully....

There's no such thing as a 1 meter windbreak, that's a hedge, a very low
hedge... not even enough to stop all that fercocktah wind breaking out your
ass! LOL
 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by AngeTheUnsur » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 03:32:20


Evening Brooklyn1.

Thanks so much for your valuable advice.

I realise now (too late!) that I've obviously posted in the wrong
forum.  I wanted help and advice - it seems a bit thin on the ground
here!!

I'll just go and find another forum I think ..........

brooklyn1;839340 Wrote:

Quote:

> NOT TO WORRY everyone!  I've raised the question with neighbour -
> these
> aren't that small these gardens, by the way, so not reducing space
> really.

> OK then TO PUT IT PLAINLY (so that everyone can understand...) When I
> said WINDBREAK, I meant only something as tall as the developers
> fence.
> 1mtr high.

> -**Generally, people in confined spaces
> are against them. Boundary markers are good. Is what necessary?**-

> Is a WINDBREAK necessary, Billy[_7_].

> -**Instead of answering all the possible questions that you are
> alluding to, no matter how much fun that may be for some people to
> read,
> perhaps you could re-phrase it and re-post**-

> No need to answer any questions now Billy[_7_] - worked it out all by
> myself.

> As for -**how much fun that may be for some people to read**- ,
> sometimes it's GOOD to add a little fun... there's enough doom and
> gloom in the world without having to read tight*****
> questions/answers.

> Sorry if I antagonised anyone...that wasn't the plan at all...

> David Hare-Scott[_2_] - As I've said, and yes, you DON'T know the lay
> of the land - I've resolved the situation/problem myself thanks.

> The windbreak, all 1m of it, appears to be working wonderfully....

> -
> There's no such thing as a 1 meter windbreak, that's a hedge, a very
> low
> hedge... not even enough to stop all that fercocktah wind breaking out
> your
> ass! LOL

--
AngeTheUnsure
 
 
 

A Wind Break or not?? He says NO, I say YES!!

Post by Bill » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:21:15



Quote:

> Evening Brooklyn1.

> Thanks so much for your valuable advice.

> I realise now (too late!) that I've obviously posted in the wrong
> forum.  I wanted help and advice - it seems a bit thin on the ground
> here!!

> I'll just go and find another forum I think ..........

Ah, Ange, you said, "No need to answer any questions now Billy worked it
out all by myself..."

Now the air is full of the smell of burning martyr. First you say you
do, and then you don't. Which is it? Your question was "fubared" in
details from the beginning. Fortified with the knowledge of hindsight,
restate your question.
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being
is now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the
moment of conception until death."  - Rachel Carson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI29wVQN8Go

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1072040.html