Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Description of your first forum.

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by Daniel M. Bla » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00



I'm looking for some good landscape design software for a Macintosh
computer, similar to Planix's 3D Exterior Designer for the PC.  Can
anybody make recomendations?

Thanks,

Dan Blair

 
 
 

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by Rebecca Chi » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00



Quote:
> I'm looking for some good landscape design software for a Macintosh
> computer, similar to Planix's 3D Exterior Designer for the PC.  Can
> anybody make recomendations?

> Thanks,

> Dan Blair


We recently purchased 3D Landscape from Books That Work, Inc.
I believe they have a Mac version. Look up their web page
at http://www.btw.com/
 
 
 

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by Susan Sander » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

>We recently purchased 3D Landscape from Books That Work, Inc.
>I believe they have a Mac version. Look up their web page
>at http://www.btw.com/

When I got literature from Books that Work, they had almost nothing for
Mac's; I think there was one plant database, but none of their design
programs.  Pissed me off, too--I wouldn't have bothered to send for their
literature if they had bothered to mention in their ad that they didn't
carry programs for the Mac.
 
 
 

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by dr de » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00


Abracadata's homepage at
http://www.efn.org/~abracad/
has a free Mac demo (a complete working copy with SAVE and PRINT features
disabled) entitled 'Design Your Own Home Landscape'.

The Armchair Gardener
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~dansley/

 
 
 

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by Rebecca Chi » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00


Quote:



> >We recently purchased 3D Landscape from Books That Work, Inc.
> >I believe they have a Mac version. Look up their web page
> >at http://www.btw.com/

> When I got literature from Books that Work, they had almost nothing for
> Mac's; I think there was one plant database, but none of their design
> programs.  Pissed me off, too--I wouldn't have bothered to send for their
> literature if they had bothered to mention in their ad that they didn't
> carry programs for the Mac.

Really. When I went to Fry's Electronics looking for the PC 3D Landscape
program, they said they only carried the Mac version. Shows you how
much they knew. :-(
 
 
 

Looking for Mac Landscape Software

Post by Susan Sander » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

>Really. When I went to Fry's Electronics looking for the PC 3D Landscape
>program, they said they only carried the Mac version. Shows you how
>much they knew. :-(

Yep.  I checked their homepage yesterday to see if anything had changed,
but it's still just Windows programs.  They still don't say that
prominently--you have to go through several screens before you get to the
one that says programs for Windows.