> i've been away from my garden (in Berkeley, CA) for
> a while and upon returning i've noticed most of my
> flowers have become covered with powdery mildew.
> When i looked in my Sunset garden book they could
> only suggest toxic poisons, i'd prefer using something
> that wouldn't poison my pets or the ground water.
> any suggestions?
> katherine murphy
I use a mixture of very diluted dish soap, rubbing ***, and Murphy's
Oil. My totally unscientific conclusion is -- it really has made a big
difference. Powerdy mildew is now a slight problem where it once was a
*** pain-in-the -ass constant. Didn't use a control group -- no double
blind experiments -- I just spray this stuff abot once a week and, by gum,
I have a lot less powdery mildew than I did when I didn't use it.
Judy "I Am Not Madame Curie or Luther Burbank" Woodruff
Indy Zone 5
Don't like my driving? Call 1-800-BITE-ME.