Splodges Skin Cist burst

Description of your first forum.

Splodges Skin Cist burst

Post by Sally Jaque » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00



On  Saturday  morning  as  I  had  just  finished  giving  Splodge  his  Baytril (which  he  still  hates!) he  wandered  off  for  a  play  in  the  fluffy  toys!
When  I  picked  him  up  his  skin  cist  had  burst  and  there  was  lime  green (yes , it  WAS  lime  green , yuk!) pus/discharge  oozing  out   :~(
I  cleaned  it  up  as  best  I  could  and  got  the  only  free  apointment  at  the  vets (I  was  lucky)
The  vet  was  a  different  vet  but  she  has  rats  and  was  very  good , she  got  the  scab  off  and  cleaned  all  the  pus  out  and  he  was  left  with  an  open  wound  which  I  have  to  clean  twice  a  day , she  also  put  the  dose  of  Baytril  up  to  two  0.1  ml  twice  a  day  instead  of  once  a  day
He  is  supposed  to  wear  a  collar (lampshade  thing) but  even  the  vet  couldn't  keep  it  on , but  luckily  he  doesn't  seem  to  be  bothering  the  area  much

Well , that's  my  update!

Sally

 
 
 

Splodges Skin Cist burst

Post by aca.RemoveT.. » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00




Well, that sounds yummy... NOT!  I may never eat pistachio pudding
again.  :p

Good luck with your little guy.

Angela Christine

Quote:
>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380
>Content-Type: text/plain;
>    charset="iso-8859-1"
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>On  Saturday  morning  as  I  had  just  finished  giving  Splodge  his  =
>Baytril (which  he  still  hates!) he  wandered  off  for  a  play  in  =
>the  fluffy  toys!
>When  I  picked  him  up  his  skin  cist  had  burst  and  there  was  =
>lime  green (yes , it  WAS  lime  green , yuk!) pus/discharge  oozing  =
>out   :~(
>I  cleaned  it  up  as  best  I  could  and  got  the  only  free  =
>apointment  at  the  vets (I  was  lucky)
>The  vet  was  a  different  vet  but  she  has  rats  and  was  very  =
>good , she  got  the  scab  off  and  cleaned  all  the  pus  out  and  =
>he  was  left  with  an  open  wound  which  I  have  to  clean  twice  =
>a  day , she  also  put  the  dose  of  Baytril  up  to  two  0.1  ml  =
>twice  a  day  instead  of  once  a  day
>He  is  supposed  to  wear  a  collar (lampshade  thing) but  even  the  =
>vet  couldn't  keep  it  on , but  luckily  he  doesn't  seem  to  be  =
>bothering  the  area  much

>Well , that's  my  update!

>Sally

And then she wrote the same thing again in HTML.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380
>Content-Type: text/html;
>    charset="iso-8859-1"
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>

><META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>On&nbsp; Saturday&nbsp; =
>morning&nbsp; as&nbsp;=20
>I&nbsp; had&nbsp; just&nbsp; finished&nbsp; giving&nbsp; Splodge&nbsp; =
>his&nbsp;=20
>Baytril (which&nbsp; he&nbsp; still&nbsp; hates!) he&nbsp; =
>wandered&nbsp;=20
>off&nbsp; for&nbsp; a&nbsp; play&nbsp; in&nbsp; the&nbsp; fluffy&nbsp;=20
>toys!</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>When&nbsp; I&nbsp; picked&nbsp; =
>him&nbsp;=20
>up&nbsp; his&nbsp; skin&nbsp; cist&nbsp; had&nbsp; burst&nbsp; and&nbsp; =

>there&nbsp; was&nbsp; lime&nbsp; green (yes , it&nbsp; WAS&nbsp; =
>lime&nbsp;=20
>green , yuk!) pus/discharge&nbsp; oozing&nbsp; out&nbsp;&nbsp; =
>:~(</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I&nbsp; cleaned&nbsp; it&nbsp; =
>up&nbsp; as&nbsp;=20
>best&nbsp; I&nbsp; could&nbsp; and&nbsp; got&nbsp; the&nbsp; only&nbsp;=20
>free&nbsp; apointment&nbsp; at&nbsp; the&nbsp; vets (I&nbsp; was&nbsp;=20
>lucky)</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>The&nbsp; vet&nbsp; was&nbsp; =
>a&nbsp;=20
>different&nbsp; vet&nbsp; but&nbsp; she&nbsp; has&nbsp; rats&nbsp; =
>and&nbsp;=20
>was&nbsp; very&nbsp; good , she&nbsp; got&nbsp; the&nbsp; scab&nbsp; =
>off&nbsp;=20
>and&nbsp; cleaned&nbsp; all&nbsp; the&nbsp; pus&nbsp; out&nbsp; =
>and&nbsp;=20
>he&nbsp; was&nbsp; left&nbsp; with&nbsp; an&nbsp; open&nbsp; wound&nbsp; =

>which&nbsp; I&nbsp; have&nbsp; to&nbsp; clean&nbsp; twice&nbsp; a&nbsp; =
>day ,=20
>she&nbsp; also&nbsp; put&nbsp; the&nbsp; dose&nbsp; of&nbsp; =
>Baytril&nbsp;=20
>up&nbsp; to&nbsp; two&nbsp; 0.1&nbsp; ml&nbsp; twice&nbsp; a&nbsp; =
>day&nbsp;=20
>instead&nbsp; of&nbsp; once&nbsp; a&nbsp; day</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>He&nbsp; is&nbsp; supposed&nbsp; =
>to&nbsp;=20
>wear&nbsp; a&nbsp; collar (lampshade&nbsp; thing) but&nbsp; even&nbsp; =
>the&nbsp;=20
>vet&nbsp; couldn't&nbsp; keep&nbsp; it&nbsp; on , but&nbsp; =
>luckily&nbsp;=20
>he&nbsp; doesn't&nbsp; seem&nbsp; to&nbsp; be&nbsp; bothering&nbsp; =
>the&nbsp;=20
>area&nbsp; much</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Well , that's&nbsp; my&nbsp;=20
>update!</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sally</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~aca(at)bc.sympatico.ca~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear me.  Love me.
Do as I say and I will be your slave.
                                     --Labyrinth

 
 
 

Splodges Skin Cist burst

Post by Sally Jaque » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Sorry , about  that , it  was  foul!
I  have  a  bag  that  colour  and  now  everytime  I  use  that  bag  I
picture  Splodge  with  green  stuff  oozing  out!

Sally   (now  looking  for  a  new  bag   :~))

Quote:


>Well, that sounds yummy... NOT!  I may never eat pistachio pudding
>again.  :p

>Good luck with your little guy.

>Angela Christine

>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380
>>Content-Type: text/plain;
>> charset="iso-8859-1"
>>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>>On  Saturday  morning  as  I  had  just  finished  giving  Splodge  his  =
>>Baytril (which  he  still  hates!) he  wandered  off  for  a  play  in  =
>>the  fluffy  toys!
>>When  I  picked  him  up  his  skin  cist  had  burst  and  there  was  =
>>lime  green (yes , it  WAS  lime  green , yuk!) pus/discharge  oozing  =
>>out   :~(
>>I  cleaned  it  up  as  best  I  could  and  got  the  only  free  =
>>apointment  at  the  vets (I  was  lucky)
>>The  vet  was  a  different  vet  but  she  has  rats  and  was  very  =
>>good , she  got  the  scab  off  and  cleaned  all  the  pus  out  and  =
>>he  was  left  with  an  open  wound  which  I  have  to  clean  twice  =
>>a  day , she  also  put  the  dose  of  Baytril  up  to  two  0.1  ml  =
>>twice  a  day  instead  of  once  a  day
>>He  is  supposed  to  wear  a  collar (lampshade  thing) but  even  the  =
>>vet  couldn't  keep  it  on , but  luckily  he  doesn't  seem  to  be  =
>>bothering  the  area  much

>>Well , that's  my  update!

>>Sally

>And then she wrote the same thing again in HTML.

>>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380
>>Content-Type: text/html;
>> charset="iso-8859-1"
>>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
>><HTML>
>><HEAD>

>><META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
>>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
>><META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
>></HEAD>
>><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>On&nbsp; Saturday&nbsp; =
>>morning&nbsp; as&nbsp;=20
>>I&nbsp; had&nbsp; just&nbsp; finished&nbsp; giving&nbsp; Splodge&nbsp; =
>>his&nbsp;=20
>>Baytril (which&nbsp; he&nbsp; still&nbsp; hates!) he&nbsp; =
>>wandered&nbsp;=20
>>off&nbsp; for&nbsp; a&nbsp; play&nbsp; in&nbsp; the&nbsp; fluffy&nbsp;=20
>>toys!</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>When&nbsp; I&nbsp; picked&nbsp; =
>>him&nbsp;=20
>>up&nbsp; his&nbsp; skin&nbsp; cist&nbsp; had&nbsp; burst&nbsp; and&nbsp; =

>>there&nbsp; was&nbsp; lime&nbsp; green (yes , it&nbsp; WAS&nbsp; =
>>lime&nbsp;=20
>>green , yuk!) pus/discharge&nbsp; oozing&nbsp; out&nbsp;&nbsp; =
>>:~(</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I&nbsp; cleaned&nbsp; it&nbsp; =
>>up&nbsp; as&nbsp;=20
>>best&nbsp; I&nbsp; could&nbsp; and&nbsp; got&nbsp; the&nbsp; only&nbsp;=20
>>free&nbsp; apointment&nbsp; at&nbsp; the&nbsp; vets (I&nbsp; was&nbsp;=20
>>lucky)</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>The&nbsp; vet&nbsp; was&nbsp; =
>>a&nbsp;=20
>>different&nbsp; vet&nbsp; but&nbsp; she&nbsp; has&nbsp; rats&nbsp; =
>>and&nbsp;=20
>>was&nbsp; very&nbsp; good , she&nbsp; got&nbsp; the&nbsp; scab&nbsp; =
>>off&nbsp;=20
>>and&nbsp; cleaned&nbsp; all&nbsp; the&nbsp; pus&nbsp; out&nbsp; =
>>and&nbsp;=20
>>he&nbsp; was&nbsp; left&nbsp; with&nbsp; an&nbsp; open&nbsp; wound&nbsp; =

>>which&nbsp; I&nbsp; have&nbsp; to&nbsp; clean&nbsp; twice&nbsp; a&nbsp; =
>>day ,=20
>>she&nbsp; also&nbsp; put&nbsp; the&nbsp; dose&nbsp; of&nbsp; =
>>Baytril&nbsp;=20
>>up&nbsp; to&nbsp; two&nbsp; 0.1&nbsp; ml&nbsp; twice&nbsp; a&nbsp; =
>>day&nbsp;=20
>>instead&nbsp; of&nbsp; once&nbsp; a&nbsp; day</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>He&nbsp; is&nbsp; supposed&nbsp; =
>>to&nbsp;=20
>>wear&nbsp; a&nbsp; collar (lampshade&nbsp; thing) but&nbsp; even&nbsp; =
>>the&nbsp;=20
>>vet&nbsp; couldn't&nbsp; keep&nbsp; it&nbsp; on , but&nbsp; =
>>luckily&nbsp;=20
>>he&nbsp; doesn't&nbsp; seem&nbsp; to&nbsp; be&nbsp; bothering&nbsp; =
>>the&nbsp;=20
>>area&nbsp; much</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Well , that's&nbsp; my&nbsp;=20
>>update!</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sally</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

>>------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01BF0E6C.B2115380--

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~aca(at)bc.sympatico.ca~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Fear me.  Love me.
>Do as I say and I will be your slave.
>                                     --Labyrinth

 
 
 

Splodges Skin Cist burst

Post by maet.. » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00


On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:30:59 +0100, "Sally  Jaques"

Quote:

>When  I  picked  him  up  his  skin  cist  had  burst  and  there  
>was  lime  green (yes , it  WAS  lime  green , yuk!) pus/discharge  
>oozing  out   :~(

Yucky! Still, it means all the *** stuff is out of him,
so really, I guess that is a good (though gross) sign.
Hope he gets well soon. Sounds like everything's
in hand for him.  :^)

Mae Tang
(replace "nospam" with "nu-it" for a valid e-mail address)

 
 
 

Splodges Skin Cist burst

Post by Sally Jaque » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Thanks , it  is  better  out  than  in!

Sally    :~)

Quote:
>On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:30:59 +0100, "Sally  Jaques"

>>When  I  picked  him  up  his  skin  cist  had  burst  and  there
>>was  lime  green (yes , it  WAS  lime  green , yuk!) pus/discharge
>>oozing  out   :~(

>Yucky! Still, it means all the *** stuff is out of him,
>so really, I guess that is a good (though gross) sign.
>Hope he gets well soon. Sounds like everything's
>in hand for him.  :^)

>Mae Tang
>(replace "nospam" with "nu-it" for a valid e-mail address)