powdery mildew

Description of your first forum.

powdery mildew

Post by Michele Satanov » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00



Does anybody know if there is any danger in letting my bunnies have
greens that have powdery mildew on them?

We hve an epidemic in my neighbourhood. It's one thing to pick out the
"fresh" clover leaves in a patch, but now my grape leaves have it too!

Phooey!

Michele

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Arlette, Cocoa&Browni » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:36:56


Hi Michele,
I have given my boys some grass with mildew on it, hasn't bothered them at
all. I wouldn't give them a lot of it if I could help it, but I don't see
any reason why it would hurt them. I just think it would taste yucky. Blech!

--
God Bless, Arlette, Cocoa & Brownie(the fantastical bunnies)

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Michele Satanov » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> I have given my boys some grass with mildew on it, hasn't bothered them at
> all. I wouldn't give them a lot of it if I could help it, but I don't see
> any reason why it would hurt them. I just think it would taste yucky. Blech!

Yeah, my kids haven't keeled over from the bits of mildewed clover I have
given them... I was just wondering if I really had to be so careful about
it... and the grape leaves are pretty badly affected... :(

Michele

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Joyce Reynolds-Wa » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00


On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:20:10 -0700, Michele Satanove

snip

Quote:
>Yeah, my kids haven't keeled over from the bits of mildewed clover I have
>given them... I was just wondering if I really had to be so careful about
>it... and the grape leaves are pretty badly affected... :(

I dunno, Michele, I'd be careful to avoid it.  

Mildew and mold are *** stuff for equines, causes colic and other
*** stomach upsets.  Since rabbits share a lot of gut issues and
touchiness with horses, including the same need for feed quality, high
fiber, etc, etc, I'd be concerned about feeding anything with mildew
or mold to buns.  

Cows, now, are a different story <grin>.  Or any other animal capable
of regurgitation....

jrw

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Rhond » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 14:05:32


Quote:

> Does anybody know if there is any danger in letting my bunnies have
> greens that have powdery mildew on them?

> We hve an epidemic in my neighbourhood. It's one thing to pick out the
> "fresh" clover leaves in a patch, but now my grape leaves have it too!

Michele, Michele,

You always offer such challenges... I need to be getting to bed and here
I am searching the web for mildew references!

Some of our grapes have mildew on them, and I wouldn't feed them to my
rabbits because I would not eat them myself!

So, here's what I could find tonight, it's was from a library site but
this is the best I could do:

Mold and mildew can have an adverse effect on people. Those with
allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems should stay away from
infested areas, as many fungi will seriously irritate and inflame lungs.
Some fungi can cause skin and eye irritation and infections. Prolonged
exposure to germinating molds in closed areas (which exist in many
library collections) can damage the lungs, mucous membrane, cornea,
respiratory tract, stomach, intestines, and skin. Some varieties of mold
are highly toxic, such as the strain found in 1990 in the ba***t of
the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City .

From here:  http://www.moonsgarden.com/
--
                                        -Rhonda
Please remove "lunchmeat.free" when replying

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Michele Satanov » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Rhonda, Rhonda!

Of course I offer such challenges.  After all, I am the Queen of Nothing and a
Buttinski to boot!  [pun intended]

I just want to know why you always come up with the answers that I *don't*
want to hear?!  ;-}

Yeah... Every year I have some moldy grapes and neither I nor my rabbits get
them to eat (YUK!).  I'm just so dismayed that the LEAVES have powdery mildew
on 'em this year.  It's rampant in my neighbourhood.  Most of the deciduous
trees are afflicted.  And the clover and dandelions...

I guess my freebies from the yard are kind of limited these days...

Michele :(

Quote:

> Michele, Michele,

> You always offer such challenges... I need to be getting to bed and here
> I am searching the web for mildew references!

> Some of our grapes have mildew on them, and I wouldn't feed them to my
> rabbits because I would not eat them myself!

> So, here's what I could find tonight, it's was from a library site but
> this is the best I could do:

> Mold and mildew can have an adverse effect on people. Those with
> allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems should stay away from
> infested areas, as many fungi will seriously irritate and inflame lungs.
> Some fungi can cause skin and eye irritation and infections. Prolonged
> exposure to germinating molds in closed areas (which exist in many
> library collections) can damage the lungs, mucous membrane, cornea,
> respiratory tract, stomach, intestines, and skin. Some varieties of mold
> are highly toxic, such as the strain found in 1990 in the ba***t of
> the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City .

> From here:  http://www.moonsgarden.com/
> --
>                                         -Rhonda
> Please remove "lunchmeat.free" when replying

 
 
 

powdery mildew

Post by Rhond » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> Rhonda, Rhonda!

> Of course I offer such challenges.  After all, I am the Queen of Nothing and a
> Buttinski to boot!  [pun intended]

Hello, Your Royal Highness,

Quote:
> I just want to know why you always come up with the answers that I *don't*
> want to hear?!  ;-}

That's my job!  :)

--
                                        -Rhonda
Please remove "lunchmeat.free" when replying