Feeling the racial tension close to home

Description of your first forum.

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by bobandcarol » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:41:32



When will they realize that we don't want to be The United States Of
Mexico??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday night's drive-by gunfire at the Basalt 7-Eleven brought home
the national wave of tension between U.S. citizens and immigrants.

Basalt police said it is possible that the episode - in which five
rifle rounds were fired through the front window of the convenience
store in the direction of the cash register - grew out of an argument
between two Latino men who visited the store and clerk Bruno
Kirchenwitz.

Kirchenwitz regularly wears a baseball cap with the words "U.S. Border
Patrol," but was not wearing it at the store on the night in question.
In any case, Kirchenwitz said the two visitors asked him about the
hat, and an argument ensued.

Later than evening, shots were fired at the 7-Eleven. Kirchenwitz had
departed before the drive-by, but other patrons were in the store.
Fortunately, no one was injured.

What's unfortunate is that racial tension has gotten to this point in
the Roaring Fork Valley. For sure, this wasn't the first incident to
underscore a bigger problem. A racial threat scribbled inside a
portable bathroom in Snowmass Village, as well as one at the Aspen
School District campus, disrupted the lives of many people simply
because of heightened security and, in turn, the looming - albeit
unfulfilled - threats.

We're sure many other incidents with racial overtones have gone
unreported.

Tuesday's shootings, however, took this tension to another level.
Shooting a gun into an occupied convenience store is a foolish and
criminal act, but we also seriously question the decision to wear
clothing that only inflames the situation. Kirchenwitz, himself an
immigrant, from Germany, is well within his rights to wear a hat with
"U.S. Border Patrol" on it, but there's more to this issue than free
speech.

There are ways to express differing opinions without inciting a flare-
up. Tuesday night's episode, when apparently extremist views on both
sides collided head-on, proves that point.

Given the U.S. Senate's inability to agree on a major immigration
policy overhaul - on Thursday it shot down President Bush's initiative
to make millions of immigrants legal - this issue seems bound to
polarize Americans even more in coming years.

Now we're seeing the residual effect of it all in the Roaring Fork
Valley. We can only hope that Tuesday's incident was an aberration,
but the string of events that precipitated it doesn't have us so
convinced.

 
 
 

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by GreyHairedFar » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:10:08




<snip>

I knew Bob and Carole combined do not have to IQ to write this piece. It
is an editorial from the Aspen Times June 29, 2007

 
 
 

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by bobandcarol » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:16:28



Quote:

> <snip>

> I knew Bob and Carole combined do not have to IQ to write this piece. It
> is an editorial from the Aspen Times June 29, 2007

I never claimed to write it, ass clown. Your opinions
stink like the fart you claim to be.
 
 
 

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by Don Gabach » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:43:19


Quote:
> Given the U.S. Senate's inability to agree on a major immigration
> policy overhaul...

Nothing more is 'required' than simply 'agreeing' in enforcing the
law---though expelling the Mexican Consulates and filing RICO suits
against particularly the so-called legal departments of their proxy
Latin American Associations would certainly help.
 
 
 

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by parsifa.. » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:43:53



Quote:


> > <snip>

> > I knew Bob and Carole combined do not have to IQ to write this piece. It
> > is an editorial from the Aspen Times June 29, 2007

> I never claimed to write it, ass clown. Your opinions
> stink like the fart you claim to be.

Where's the reference to the original article then, homo bob?
If you'd been to school long enough, you would have learned what a
quote is...
What you did is called plagiary.
 
 
 

Feeling the racial tension close to home

Post by Dionisi » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 07:19:35


Quote:

> There are ways to express differing opinions without inciting a flare-
> up. Tuesday night's episode, when apparently extremist views on both
> sides collided head-on, proves that point.

Let's see... Shooting into a building proves that things can be handled calmly?

Um, right.

--
And the Thought of the Moment (TM) is:

You know you've created God in your own image when He hates the exact same people that you do.

(Brought to you by SigChanger. http://www.phranc.nl)