Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Description of your first forum.

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Tidal » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00



We put a lot of work into Squeaky.com and aren't very appreciative when
people steal our content however it's never been a big deal if anyone wanted
to borrow a graphic or two. We simply ask for some kind of credit for them
or a link somewhere on their site. You're about to see what the extreme
opposite looks like. I would like everyone that reads this to visit this
site and give me your comments on how much of a rip-off this site is, or if
it could even exist without our material. Visit every page and you'll find
our sayings, pictures, other graphics even a zipped version of our
Squeaky-ism and carrots programs. Pay special attention to the quotes you
see to the left of our homepage and notice what has happened to them on his.
The link is below.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4871

Squeaky.com is at http://members.xoom.com/Squeaky

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Da Chicken Lad » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> We put a lot of work into Squeaky.com and aren't very appreciative when
> people steal our content however it's never been a big deal if anyone wanted
> to borrow a graphic or two. We simply ask for some kind of credit for them
> or a link somewhere on their site. You're about to see what the extreme
> opposite looks like. I would like everyone that reads this to visit this
> site and give me your comments on how much of a rip-off this site is, or if
> it could even exist without our material. Visit every page and you'll find
> our sayings, pictures, other graphics even a zipped version of our
> Squeaky-ism and carrots programs. Pay special attention to the quotes you
> see to the left of our homepage and notice what has happened to them on his.
> The link is below.

> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4871

> Squeaky.com is at http://members.xoom.com/Squeaky

This is disgusting.  I went to the ripoff site and i was appalled to see
what they did.

First, they copied a whole bunch of pix from squeaky.com.  In fact, if
you look at their photo gallery, squeaky's are the ONLY pictures they
have so far.  They even had the audacity to identify one of squeaky's
pix as something like "Her name is Squeaky!"

Second, it is unexcusable that they copied quotes from squeaky.com and
then change the signature.  One squeakism changed from having squeaky's
name on the bottom to "Oreo".  Another changed from squeaky to "CC".
So, not only is this new site stealing from squeaky.com, it is trying
its damnedest to make it appear that the quotes are from someone else.

Third, if you compare the quality of squeaky.com and the ripoff site, it
is very clear that the latter is of a much poorer quality.

I have owned my 1st piggy for only about 3 weeks now and I don't know
the owner(s) of squeaky.com personally.  It just pisses me off that
someone representing themselves as gp lovers can be this shameless and
unethical.

It makes me wanna puke.

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Da Chicken Lad » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Quote:


> > We put a lot of work into Squeaky.com and aren't very appreciative when
> > people steal our content however it's never been a big deal if anyone wanted
> > to borrow a graphic or two. We simply ask for some kind of credit for them
> > or a link somewhere on their site. You're about to see what the extreme
> > opposite looks like. I would like everyone that reads this to visit this
> > site and give me your comments on how much of a rip-off this site is, or if
> > it could even exist without our material. Visit every page and you'll find
> > our sayings, pictures, other graphics even a zipped version of our
> > Squeaky-ism and carrots programs. Pay special attention to the quotes you
> > see to the left of our homepage and notice what has happened to them on his.
> > The link is below.

> > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4871

> > Squeaky.com is at http://members.xoom.com/Squeaky

> This is disgusting.  I went to the ripoff site and i was appalled to see
> what they did.

> First, they copied a whole bunch of pix from squeaky.com.  In fact, if
> you look at their photo gallery, squeaky's are the ONLY pictures they
> have so far.  They even had the audacity to identify one of squeaky's
> pix as something like "Her name is Squeaky!"

> Second, it is unexcusable that they copied quotes from squeaky.com and
> then change the signature.  One squeakism changed from having squeaky's
> name on the bottom to "Oreo".  Another changed from squeaky to "CC".
> So, not only is this new site stealing from squeaky.com, it is trying
> its damnedest to make it appear that the quotes are from someone else.

> Third, if you compare the quality of squeaky.com and the ripoff site, it
> is very clear that the latter is of a much poorer quality.

> I have owned my 1st piggy for only about 3 weeks now and I don't know
> the owner(s) of squeaky.com personally.  It just pisses me off that
> someone representing themselves as gp lovers can be this shameless and
> unethical.

> It makes me wanna puke.

I just went back to take a closer look at the ripoff site.  BE CAREFUL!
On almost every page the owner of that site is asking people to send him
pictures or piggies or give website addresses or links.

I strongly suspect that this jerk is too lazy to websurf and just wants
victims to make it easier for him to ripoff more sites.

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by neil trac » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00


I would like everyone that reads this to visit this

Quote:
> site and give me your comments on how much of a rip-off this site is, or if
> it could even exist without our material. Visit every page and you'll find
> our sayings, pictures, other graphics even a zipped version of our
> Squeaky-ism and carrots programs. Pay special attention to the quotes you
> see to the left of our homepage and notice what has happened to them on his.
> The link is below.

> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4871

> Squeaky.com is at http://members.xoom.com/Squeaky
> "It makes me wanna puke."  Da Chicken Lady said it best.

I can't believe that someone would be that stupid.  I had a quick look around and
Squeaky's site is far better.  I think we should all boycott that site.  Maybe the
owner will realize how rotten a stunt that was.
 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by RJ Lesc » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00


You were right.  That was a lame site.  He even titled the web pages
("PAGEx.HTM") "My own site".  Just in case you want to send him some "fan mail"
I got his e-mail address.

Someone send him a virus or an e-mail bomb.
Thanx.

Ryan

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by neil trac » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00


As angry as we all are over the obvious rip off, I think a virus or an e-mail bomb
is a little extreme.  I do think, however, that a sudden influx of e-mail, sent by
all of us, telling him how evil that was is VERY APPROPRIATE!!!

Quote:

> You were right.  That was a lame site.  He even titled the web pages
> ("PAGEx.HTM") "My own site".  Just in case you want to send him some "fan mail"
> I got his e-mail address.

> Someone send him a virus or an e-mail bomb.
> Thanx.

> Ryan

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Eddy Hitle » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00


ffffffff.. i thought one of my friends was trying it on when he nicked
some graphics and ideas from my site, but at least he credited me and
apologised later. string this guinea pig copyright pirate person up by
the ganglies i say. half of his/her graphics dont work anyhow, except
for the squeaky photos and some very badly done hand drawn animated
gifs. but it doesnt matter all that much as geocities will probably kick
them soon for having an ad banner on there, something that geo dont
like...

ddddeeeeesssssstttttrrrroooooyyyyy!! :)

eddyh (you can probably tell that antisapm, etc, aint supposed to be in
that email address)

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Eddy Hitle » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00


ffffffff.. i thought one of my friends was trying it on when he nicked
some graphics and ideas from my site, but at least he credited me and
apologised later. string this guinea pig copyright pirate person up by
the ganglies i say. half of his/her graphics dont work anyhow, except
for the squeaky photos and some very badly done hand drawn animated
gifs. but it doesnt matter all that much as geocities will probably kick
them soon for having an ad banner on there, something that geo dont
like...

ddddeeeeesssssstttttrrrroooooyyyyy!! :)

whaddya bet that his password is SQUEAKY ??? you can get his username
already from the geocities email address.. or as he hasnt got it
displayed, looking in his local net neighbourhood where all the names
are displayed next to the houses... anyone up for some hacking to remove
all traces of squeaky and 'contribute via email' buttons?? Of course i
could never do it myself or condone it as it is highly illegal. but***
for tat, an eye for an eye

see ya all much much later.

eddyh
 (you can probably tell that antisapm, etc, aint supposed to be in that
email address)

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by Eddy Hitle » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00


also notice if you please that squeaky is not listed in his favorite
sites page, nor is any other gp site. also the general lack of spelling,
grammar, decent graphics and a brainless reliance on ms publisher
templates indicates we are working with a pre-*** here. with the mental
age of a pre-natal..

i am sorry that my previous mail appeared twice. i pressed stop to type
some more after accidentally knocking send, and i guess that it must
have already gone.

eddyh

 
 
 

Squeaky.com was ripped-off

Post by RJ Lesc » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Borrow the images?!?!
HE STOLE THEM!!!!!

-Ryan