How to keep a white ferret white.

Description of your first forum.

How to keep a white ferret white.

Post by Sar'Lato » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00



I have an albino and a black eyed white ferret.

I brought them up before, the two are Kilo and Maia.

They both eat just fine now and aside from Maia being extremely annoying and
pooping where she shouldn't. (in the corner of the cage where the litterbox
is NOT located) everything is fine, they're the normal rambunctious
annoyances they should be.

Anyway, My question is this. Since I have two white ferrets. I was wondering
what you would do to keep them that way. Kilo when i first got him was a lot
whiter than he is now, and Maia has always had a constant yellowish color
down the back of her neck. It's a stain essentially but is there any product
that would help decrease or get rid of it completely?

I have contemplated using peroxide, just because it works for humans, but I
wouldn't dream of doing that unless i talked with people in the group here
first. :) I know something exists, because i've seen the pictures of ferrets
at ferret shows and know for a fact that they're completely white and don't
have that characteristic yellowing on them.

What do you think? What's the best thing you've heard of or tried?
-Sar

 
 
 

How to keep a white ferret white.

Post by ELNRRGB » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00


Quote:
>. I was wondering
>what you would do to keep them that way. Kilo when i first got him was a lot
>whiter than he is now, and Maia has always had a constant yellowish color
>down the back of her neck. It's a stain essentially but is there any product
>that would help decrease or get rid of it completely?

I use Silver Sheen by Marshall's Pet
Products.  It doesn't work 100%, but
it's still pretty good.  It actually seems to
work better on my DEW than on my
Silver Mitt......go figure.  Anyway, I
don't bathe the ferts too frequently
(only about every 4-6 months), so I
have only used it twice but am pleased
with the results.

Hope this helps!
Stacia and the fuzzies

 
 
 

How to keep a white ferret white.

Post by Star & Tro » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00


I use Sheppard and Greene Silver Sheen -
they also make a Sable Sheen for darker ferret.
To be honest, I use the Silver Sheen on all my ferrets - dark or light.
As with Stacia, I only bathe my ferts once a month or so, but I have
already noticed it doing a good job removing they yellow.

Star

Quote:

>>. I was wondering
>>what you would do to keep them that way. Kilo when i first got him was a
lot
>>whiter than he is now, and Maia has always had a constant yellowish color
>>down the back of her neck. It's a stain essentially but is there any
product
>>that would help decrease or get rid of it completely?

>I use Silver Sheen by Marshall's Pet
>Products.  It doesn't work 100%, but
>it's still pretty good.  It actually seems to
>work better on my DEW than on my
>Silver Mitt......go figure.  Anyway, I
>don't bathe the ferts too frequently
>(only about every 4-6 months), so I
>have only used it twice but am pleased
>with the results.

>Hope this helps!
>Stacia and the fuzzies

 
 
 

How to keep a white ferret white.

Post by Jim Richards » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00


On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:35:24 -0800,

 brought forth the following words...:

Quote:
>I have an albino and a black eyed white ferret.

>I brought them up before, the two are Kilo and Maia.

>They both eat just fine now and aside from Maia being extremely annoying and
>pooping where she shouldn't. (in the corner of the cage where the litterbox
>is NOT located) everything is fine, they're the normal rambunctious
>annoyances they should be.

>Anyway, My question is this. Since I have two white ferrets. I was wondering
>what you would do to keep them that way. Kilo when i first got him was a lot
>whiter than he is now, and Maia has always had a constant yellowish color
>down the back of her neck. It's a stain essentially but is there any product
>that would help decrease or get rid of it completely?

>I have contemplated using peroxide, just because it works for humans, but I
>wouldn't dream of doing that unless i talked with people in the group here
>first. :) I know something exists, because i've seen the pictures of ferrets
>at ferret shows and know for a fact that they're completely white and don't
>have that characteristic yellowing on them.

>What do you think? What's the best thing you've heard of or tried?
>-Sar

--
Kat, pretending she is Jim, for the purpose of reading news...