formal apology from Ben Stiller

Description of your first forum.

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Jason and Holly Harpe » Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:30:48



He came forward and made a formal apology to ferrets and ferret owners
across the world on the Today Show this morning.  While I don't think he
truly regrets his comments, as they were made "as a joke", I do think he has
felt the pressure of the ferret community.  He read some of the emails that
he received from the ferret community and of course he picked the inpolite
or "crazy" emails.  :(  It's unfortunate that he doesn't really understand
the California legalization battle.  I still will not support any movies
he's in.  I didn't care much for him as an actor before, and even though
there was an apology I didn't feel that it was a truthful apology.  It was
just the pressure coming down against his career.

Holly

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by oldmoll » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:17:10




Quote:
> He came forward and made a formal apology to ferrets and ferret owners
> across the world on the Today Show this morning.  While I don't think he
> truly regrets his comments, as they were made "as a joke", I do think he
has
> felt the pressure of the ferret community.  He read some of the emails
that
> he received from the ferret community and of course he picked the inpolite
> or "crazy" emails.  :(  It's unfortunate that he doesn't really understand
> the California legalization battle.  I still will not support any movies
> he's in.  I didn't care much for him as an actor before, and even though
> there was an apology I didn't feel that it was a truthful apology.  It was
> just the pressure coming down against his career.

 At least it shows our little email campaign worried him.
 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by jumpingmouse & kyli » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:41:02


:-)


Quote:



> > He came forward and made a formal apology to ferrets and ferret owners
> > across the world on the Today Show this morning.  While I don't think he
> > truly regrets his comments, as they were made "as a joke", I do think he
> has
> > felt the pressure of the ferret community.  He read some of the emails
> that
> > he received from the ferret community and of course he picked the
inpolite
> > or "crazy" emails.  :(  It's unfortunate that he doesn't really
understand
> > the California legalization battle.  I still will not support any movies
> > he's in.  I didn't care much for him as an actor before, and even though
> > there was an apology I didn't feel that it was a truthful apology.  It
was
> > just the pressure coming down against his career.

>  At least it shows our little email campaign worried him.

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Jason and Holly Harpe » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:23:38


True.  :)

Holly


Quote:



>  At least it shows our little email campaign worried him.

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Jaso » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:24:26



Quote:
> :-)

$100.00 says he never even heard of a letter/email campaign. This was
done by his agent/publisist etc. he's just repeating what he was told to
say.

Relax folks it was just an actor speaking who was bitten by an animal
he knows nothing about.  No differnet if he'd never been around dogs
and got bit on set by one. Lets all have a beer and take a deep breath,
in go's the good air out goes the bad.

If they had any skills they wouldnt have been actors in the first place.

Jason

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Kathou » Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:33:09


Quote:

> At least it shows our little email campaign worried him.

Definitely
Quote:
>http://veepers.hanes.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=3FBADAB4-47B4-11D8-

8331-93801D9ED7CE

Sandy and the Dook City Gang
Tempus Fuzzit
 kathouze pictures
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=kathouze

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Meliss » Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:48:48



Quote:

> If they had any skills they wouldnt have been actors in the first place.

Just HAD to reply to this line! (as off topic as this will be.) -That's
like saying "It's just a DOCTOR. If he had any OTHER skills he wouldn't
be a Doctor!" ;)

-Melissa

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Grim » Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:49:00


He (Stiller) also sang an apology (to a ferret) on last night's Conan
O'Brian show.

Coverage from the Polly premiere (including comments from one of the
two ferrets that played Rodolfo in the movie). is here:
http://www.mervius.com/premiere_coverage.php?pID=72  Quite cute.

The on camera talent is the entertainment reporter that innocently
started the whole ruckus in the first place when she asked Stiller how
he liked working with his ferret co stars at the Along Came Polly
press junket.

She's also the lady that was quoted in the LA Times and NY Post
articles on Stiller's comments.

I think Stiller's agent now has a new word in his vocabulary, "Ferret
Power".

Grim

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:30:48 GMT, "Jason and Holly Harper"

Quote:

>He came forward and made a formal apology to ferrets and ferret owners
>across the world on the Today Show this morning.  While I don't think he
>truly regrets his comments, as they were made "as a joke", I do think he has
>felt the pressure of the ferret community.  He read some of the emails that
>he received from the ferret community and of course he picked the inpolite
>or "crazy" emails.  :(  It's unfortunate that he doesn't really understand
>the California legalization battle.  I still will not support any movies
>he's in.  I didn't care much for him as an actor before, and even though
>there was an apology I didn't feel that it was a truthful apology.  It was
>just the pressure coming down against his career.

>Holly

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Jaso » Sun, 18 Jan 2004 05:37:53



Quote:


>> If they had any skills they wouldnt have been actors in the first place.

> Just HAD to reply to this line! (as off topic as this will be.) -That's
> like saying "It's just a DOCTOR. If he had any OTHER skills he wouldn't
> be a Doctor!" ;)

> -Melissa

Big differecne Melissa. :) You haven't met/worked with many actors have
you. heh

Jason

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Meliss » Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:28:42



Quote:




> >> If they had any skills they wouldnt have been actors in the first place.

> > Just HAD to reply to this line! (as off topic as this will be.) -That's
> > like saying "It's just a DOCTOR. If he had any OTHER skills he wouldn't
> > be a Doctor!" ;)

> > -Melissa

> Big differecne Melissa. :) You haven't met/worked with many actors have
> you. heh

> Jason

"Never assume...." (know how that quote finishes?)

I worked with stage, television, and film actors every day for over 20
years. People who earn their entire living at acting, not people who
*think* they're actors but rarely work.

If you have the skill and talent to do a job right -any job- you get
work in whatever your chosen profession may be -and in most cases you
have absolutely no skills in any other area *except* those required for
your profession. If you're terrible at a particular skill, you don't get
work in that profession.  There are plenty of hack lawyers, doctors,
actors, teachers, businessmen etc. There are also people with skill and
talent who excell in their fields and make a living at it -whatever it
is.

I challenge you to go out tomorrow and get a leading role in a Broadway
show or in a Feature Film (and KEEP it!) if you really believe anybody
can do it. I doubt you'll come close unless you're really good, know
somebody, or sleep with somebody -which, btw, is how people get other
jobs as well. Nepotism is alive and well in all professions.

-Melissa

 
 
 

formal apology from Ben Stiller

Post by Lin » Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:28:42



Quote:





> > >> If they had any skills they wouldnt have been actors in the first
place.

> > > Just HAD to reply to this line! (as off topic as this will
be.) -That's
> > > like saying "It's just a DOCTOR. If he had any OTHER skills he
wouldn't
> > > be a Doctor!" ;)

> > > -Melissa

> > Big differecne Melissa. :) You haven't met/worked with many actors have
> > you. heh

> > Jason

> "Never assume...." (know how that quote finishes?)

> I worked with stage, television, and film actors every day for over 20
> years. People who earn their entire living at acting, not people who
> *think* they're actors but rarely work.

> If you have the skill and talent to do a job right -any job- you get
> work in whatever your chosen profession may be -and in most cases you
> have absolutely no skills in any other area *except* those required for
> your profession. If you're terrible at a particular skill, you don't get
> work in that profession.  There are plenty of hack lawyers, doctors,
> actors, teachers, businessmen etc. There are also people with skill and
> talent who excell in their fields and make a living at it -whatever it
> is.

> I challenge you to go out tomorrow and get a leading role in a Broadway
> show or in a Feature Film (and KEEP it!) if you really believe anybody
> can do it. I doubt you'll come close unless you're really good, know
> somebody, or sleep with somebody -which, btw, is how people get other
> jobs as well. Nepotism is alive and well in all professions.

One of my former dance students has been on B'way, & I can attest to the
fact that she works her tail off - yrs & yrs of Ballet, tap, jazz, modern
dance, gymnastics, voice lessons (BA in music ed from Boston U). She's been
lucky, as she was right on schedule w/ the "overnight success" routine - 99%
of all overnight successes have worked for at least *10 yrs* to get to that
point.

Lin,Ariel, Oberon, & Max