FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Description of your first forum.

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by SQUAWK!! The Bird Page » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Come visit the SQUAWK!! on-line auction for a GREAT selection of ***
birds and bird supplies.  Have something to sell?  List it for FREE on
SQUAWK Auctions.  The ONLY *** bird auction on the Internet!

SQUAWK!! is located at:  http://www.moonsgarden.com/

Enjoy!

 
 
 

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by Dan Spence » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Bruce Zubee,

I am concerned about something on your web site:-

"A Seller's Premium Donation of 10% of the final selling price is suggested
by Squawk Auctions to help defray the costs of operating this site. This is
NOT a mandatory fee however. Once you have received payment for your
item(s), you can send your donation to the address below if you wish to help
defray the cost of this site."

"Welcome to the SQUAWK!! Classifieds. Got a bird or avian related item you
want to sell? Looking to buy? This is the place! And you can place your
classified ad for FREE (donations are always accepted however to defray the
cost of operating this site)."

Your domain, http://www.moonsgarden.com/ ,  also hosts an online book store
("American Book Company").  I would assume that this is for profit.  You
also have a banner at Squawk that links to the "American Book Company".
Since you are already running an online book store, the extra cost of
maintaining Squawk cannot be that much.  Is the extra cost that significant
that you must beg for donations online?  You say, "donations are always
accepted however to defray the cost of operating this site".  Would you be
including the book store in the cost since it is part of the same site?

Just curious,

Dan


Quote:
>Come visit the SQUAWK!! on-line auction for a GREAT selection of ***
>birds and bird supplies.  Have something to sell?  List it for FREE on
>SQUAWK Auctions.  The ONLY *** bird auction on the Internet!

>SQUAWK!! is located at:  http://www.moonsgarden.com/

>Enjoy!

 
 
 

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by SQUAWK!! The Bird Page » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> Bruce Zubee,

> I am concerned about something on your web site:-

> "A Seller's Premium Donation of 10% of the final selling price is suggested
> by Squawk Auctions to help defray the costs of operating this site.

Dan,

Not that it's really any of your business but if you must know....
The on-line book store belongs to my Brother.  I've given him the banner
ad on SQUAWK so that he could begin to receive some visitors to his new
business venture.  

As for donations to SQUAWK!! we have received ZERO donations since going
on-line dispite the fact that ALOT of people have made money from FREE
ads and FREE auction postings.  Many of the folks profiting from SQUAWK
own full-time businesses.  Nonetheless, we still do not make payment
mandatory.

Since SQUAWK! is a VERY busy site and we have to pay our service
provider based on the number of "transfers", our monthly bill always
exceeds $100.  

I am considering removing the SQUAWK site from the internet since it is
really not worth the expess or hassle.

Bruce

 
 
 

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by SQUAWK!! The Bird Page » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Ooops...sorry about the typos in my last post....

Bruce

 
 
 

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by Dan Spence » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Bruce,

Since you own the name www.zubee.net , maybe you should have your brother
Scott kick in a little dough.  ;-)

Thanks for addressing my concerns.  I am doing some research about getting
my own domain name and I have found out that my ISP will treat my web space
like  it was a business if I want to use it.  I would have to pay for all
transfers over 200 MB per month, which they say is about 2000 hits at an
average transfer of 100kb per visitor.  Not on my site!  I am averaging over
600 hits per month now and just viewing one page with images can be over
200kb.  I would think that I am easily exceeding the 200 MB limit now, but I
don't pay since it's a personal web site.

Your response hit home with me and I know that you speak the truth!

Dan
http://www.accessone.com/~dspencer


Quote:

>> Bruce Zubee,

>> I am concerned about something on your web site:-

>> "A Seller's Premium Donation of 10% of the final selling price is
suggested
>> by Squawk Auctions to help defray the costs of operating this site.

>Dan,

>Not that it's really any of your business but if you must know....
>The on-line book store belongs to my Brother.  I've given him the banner
>ad on SQUAWK so that he could begin to receive some visitors to his new
>business venture.

>As for donations to SQUAWK!! we have received ZERO donations since going
>on-line dispite the fact that ALOT of people have made money from FREE
>ads and FREE auction postings.  Many of the folks profiting from SQUAWK
>own full-time businesses.  Nonetheless, we still do not make payment
>mandatory.

>Since SQUAWK! is a VERY busy site and we have to pay our service
>provider based on the number of "transfers", our monthly bill always
>exceeds $100.

>I am considering removing the SQUAWK site from the internet since it is
>really not worth the expess or hassle.

>Bruce

 
 
 

FS: Birds Birds Birds!!!!

Post by Ken Schull » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00


On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:45:43 -0800, "Dan Spencer"

Quote:

>Bruce,

>Since you own the name www.zubee.net , maybe you should have your brother
>Scott kick in a little dough.  ;-)

>Thanks for addressing my concerns.  I am doing some research about getting
>my own domain name and I have found out that my ISP will treat my web space
>like  it was a business if I want to use it.  I would have to pay for all
>transfers over 200 MB per month, which they say is about 2000 hits at an
>average transfer of 100kb per visitor.  Not on my site!  I am averaging over
>600 hits per month now and just viewing one page with images can be over
>200kb.  I would think that I am easily exceeding the 200 MB limit now, but I
>don't pay since it's a personal web site.

>Your response hit home with me and I know that you speak the truth!

>Dan

Dan-

Check with AT&T WorldNet in your area.  Here in San Antonio, for $50 a
month, you can hang your own server off of their backbone downtown.
From there, run whatever services you want-  Web, FTP, mail, you name
it.  The only thing beyond the $50 you'd have to pay is the actual
domain name registration.

If that sounds like more than you want to do-  PLENTY of places
advertise unique domain service for $9-19.95/month in the back of
Wired magazine.  Hope this helps.

Ken

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>http://www.accessone.com/~dspencer



>>> Bruce Zubee,

>>> I am concerned about something on your web site:-

>>> "A Seller's Premium Donation of 10% of the final selling price is
>suggested
>>> by Squawk Auctions to help defray the costs of operating this site.

>>Dan,

>>Not that it's really any of your business but if you must know....
>>The on-line book store belongs to my Brother.  I've given him the banner
>>ad on SQUAWK so that he could begin to receive some visitors to his new
>>business venture.

>>As for donations to SQUAWK!! we have received ZERO donations since going
>>on-line dispite the fact that ALOT of people have made money from FREE
>>ads and FREE auction postings.  Many of the folks profiting from SQUAWK
>>own full-time businesses.  Nonetheless, we still do not make payment
>>mandatory.

>>Since SQUAWK! is a VERY busy site and we have to pay our service
>>provider based on the number of "transfers", our monthly bill always
>>exceeds $100.

>>I am considering removing the SQUAWK site from the internet since it is
>>really not worth the expess or hassle.

>>Bruce

Ken Schuller
Network Support Specialist
NovaNET Learning, Inc.

==========================

I don't speak for NovaNET.  Remove the obvious spam foil to reply via e-mail.