This also brings me to another question: I have read everywhere how
important it is for the birds to get always the same amount of sleep
(ca 10 hours?), so that's one of the reasons why it's recommended to
cover the cage (same time every day). But isn't it true that there
are many places where summernights are very short, and thus the birds
don't get very much sleep (not in the dark at least), and still we've
never heard of wild birds dropping dead or getting aggressive just from
the lack of sleep? So my question is, would it be OK to let pet birds
sleep longer in the winter and in the spring / summer assume that
they manage with much less sleep and less time in the dark? Or is
darkness in general not required as long as they are allowed to get
some rest otherwise?
* Merja Tornikoski *
* Metsahovi Radio Research Station, Finland *
* tel +358-0-264423 fax +358-0-264531 *
4. Cover cage at night or not???
6. cage cover for night working ig owners?
7. Covering A Cocatoo Cage At Night
8. Should I cover the cat up at night?
9. Cat covers food dish (and is STILL doing it every night)
11. Should I cover my budgies at night?
12. One Big Advantage To Covering A Bird At Night