Iguana found!!!

Description of your first forum.

Iguana found!!!

Post by Clif » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:54:01



Hey everybody...A baby ~10 inches~ black Iguana we thought had gotten
itself out of its cage and dead in the house was just found after 5
weeks on the lam.  While skinnier than when it escaped, it's also
longer!  I am wondering how best to treat it, what to offer as food as
it re-acclimatizes to being a "captive".  We had only had it for about
a week before it escaped, so we're not even certain what, except for
prepared foods sold at Petsmart to feed it.......

CLif

 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by c1c0 » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:45:49


So it's not escaped and dead but alive???

Anna

 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by Clif » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:48:53


Indeed it is ALIVE.  We spotted it when it emerged from wherever it
had been hiding and was cornered by our small cat.  I captured it and
placed it back into its cage.

Clif


Quote:
>So it's not escaped and dead but alive???

>Anna

 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by blov » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:38:41


offer it what its supposed to eat, mustard greens, collard greens, dandilion
greens, bok choy, kale, ect.. more extensive list can be found here
www.iguanaden.com and www.greenigsociety.org and make sure you fixed the
cage so that it cant escape again and make sure you have a thermal gradient
with the correct temps and the uva/uvb lighting.  and make sure he can be up
high so that he feels more comfortable, im sure his little trip into freedom
has made him all the more wilder and harder to handle.


Quote:
> Indeed it is ALIVE.  We spotted it when it emerged from wherever it
> had been hiding and was cornered by our small cat.  I captured it and
> placed it back into its cage.

> Clif


> >So it's not escaped and dead but alive???

> >Anna

 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by Cind » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:49:58


Quote:

> Hey everybody...A baby ~10 inches~ black Iguana we thought had gotten
> itself out of its cage and dead in the house was just found after 5
> weeks on the lam.  While skinnier than when it escaped, it's also
> longer!  I am wondering how best to treat it, what to offer as food as
> it re-acclimatizes to being a "captive".  We had only had it for about
> a week before it escaped, so we're not even certain what, except for
> prepared foods sold at Petsmart to feed it.......

> CLif

Is it a dark-colored green iguana or a spiny iguana or ?

Cindy

 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by Grainne Gillespi » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:51:11


Quote:
> Hey everybody...A baby ~10 inches~ black Iguana

What type of iguana is a black iguana? Are you just referring to the colour
of the iguana or is this the actual species name? Or is it just a
dark-coloured version of the normal green iguana?
 
 
 

Iguana found!!!

Post by c1c0 » Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:18:11




Quote:
> > Hey everybody...A baby ~10 inches~ black Iguana

> What type of iguana is a black iguana? Are you just referring to the
colour
> of the iguana or is this the actual species name? Or is it just a
> dark-coloured version of the normal green iguana?

I've heard about brown iguanas. Maybe that's what it is.

Anna