Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Description of your first forum.

Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Post by Stonedpimpdud » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 01:59:52



Hi,

I have a 5-6 month Corn who's gone off feeding for about 4 weeks now and has
always ate fine. He keeps refusing his meals and I try every 10 days. The
temps are 75F cold end and 82F hot end. He has become quite inactive
compared to the other ones which are eating fine(kept in seperate tanks).My
question is how long should I let him go on like this and has anyone got any
good methods/tricks to induce feeding?

P.S.- I live in England where we have quite some cold Winters. Not that bad
this year though.

Many Thanks,

Ian

 
 
 

Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Post by Clairebea » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 02:15:23


Try capping the pinky (cut a hole in the top of it's head so that *** and
brain tissue issue forth).  This method rarely fails with fussy eaters.  If
you don't fancy the idea of doing this then try slitting the nose of the
food item so that it bleeds.  Also, make sure you warm the rodent to body
temperature (about 92f should do).  All of this combined is the best bet,
but nothing is certain! :)

Hope it helps.

Dragon


Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a 5-6 month Corn who's gone off feeding for about 4 weeks now and
has
> always ate fine. He keeps refusing his meals and I try every 10 days. The
> temps are 75F cold end and 82F hot end. He has become quite inactive
> compared to the other ones which are eating fine(kept in seperate
tanks).My
> question is how long should I let him go on like this and has anyone got
any
> good methods/tricks to induce feeding?

> P.S.- I live in England where we have quite some cold Winters. Not that
bad
> this year though.

> Many Thanks,

> Ian

 
 
 

Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Post by Chris Brow » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:49:11



Quote:

>Try capping the pinky (cut a hole in the top of it's head so that *** and
>brain tissue issue forth).  This method rarely fails with fussy
>eaters.

Failed with my fussy female, who's been akward for a couple of
months. Yesterday I finally discovered why - she's full of eggs!
Expecting the slither of tiny, er, scales in a couple of
months. Hopefully once she's layed, she'll get her apetite back.

--
/*  _  */main(int k,char**n){char*i=k&1?"+L*;99,RU[,RUo+BeKAA+BECACJ+CAACA"
/* / ` */"CD+LBCACJ*":1[n],j,l=!k,m;do for(m=*i-48,j=l?m/k:m%k;m>>7?k=1<<m+
/* |   */8,!l&&puts(&l)**&l:j--;printf("  \0_/"+l));while((l^=3)||l[++i]);
/* \_,hris Brown -- All opinions expressed are probably wrong. */return 0;}

 
 
 

Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Post by Clairebea » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:36:59


Congratulations !!
My mouse gave birth to several baldies a few minutes ago :o)

Clairebear


Quote:


> >Try capping the pinky (cut a hole in the top of it's head so that ***
and
> >brain tissue issue forth).  This method rarely fails with fussy
> >eaters.

> Failed with my fussy female, who's been akward for a couple of
> months. Yesterday I finally discovered why - she's full of eggs!
> Expecting the slither of tiny, er, scales in a couple of
> months. Hopefully once she's layed, she'll get her apetite back.

> --
> /*  _  */main(int

k,char**n){char*i=k&1?"+L*;99,RU[,RUo+BeKAA+BECACJ+CAACA"
Quote:
> /* / ` */"CD+LBCACJ*":1[n],j,l=!k,m;do

for(m=*i-48,j=l?m/k:m%k;m>>7?k=1<<m+
Quote:
> /* |   */8,!l&&puts(&l)**&l:j--;printf("  \0_/"+l));while((l^=3)||l[++i]);
> /* \_,hris Brown -- All opinions expressed are probably wrong. */return

0;}
 
 
 

Cornsnake Gone Off Feeding

Post by Diabl » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:31:42


Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a 5-6 month Corn who's gone off feeding for about 4 weeks now and has
>always ate fine. He keeps refusing his meals and I try every 10 days. The
>temps are 75F cold end and 82F hot end. He has become quite inactive
>compared to the other ones which are eating fine(kept in seperate tanks).My
>question is how long should I let him go on like this and has anyone got any
>good methods/tricks to induce feeding?

I have a 3yo gopher snake that stopped eating in November.  I think it has
something to do with the photoperiod.  When the days get too short snakes
just stop eating.  I am going to try a mouse in February.  I made the
mistake of force-feeding another snake a few years ago when it stopped
eating for the winter.  Everyone assures me that snakes can go for months
without eating so don't worry.