I just found my cat, dead, at the bottom of my porch stairs. I'm in a
state of shock, but also really confused as to how he died. There's no
sign of any injuries from being hit by a car or bleeding from his
nose, mouth, etc. There is one area of fur that's dirty (from a car?
from rolling in the dirt?), but it's only the very outside of the fur,
and there's no other sign of injury or breaking the skin. Has anyone
ever heard of a cat being hit very lightly by a car and dying from
internal injuries/bleeding, with no external sign of injury?
We think he crawled back to our stairs, but don't know what happened
beforehand. Any ideas?
What are the signs that a cat has been poisoned (like by anti-freeze
or something)? Heart attack?
He was seen a hour beforehand, and looked fine, and hasn't had any
other health problems. He was six years old.