On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:00:26 -0500, "MaryL"
>She has been fading recently. She was eating very little and drinking a
>lot of water. Yesterday she didn't eat any supper. Last night she
>stayed on my bed snuggled next to me. This morning she wouldn't leave
>the bed. She has been with me over 18 years so I am resigned to the
>inevitable. I am thinking of a vet visit today but I'm afraid the
>stress would finish her off.
>I'm so sorry to hear this. Holly will be 18 years old on June 1, and I am
>afraid I will soon be facing the same decision. That is always such a
>painful time in our lives, but the joy we have received from these wonderful
>companions makes it all worthwhile.
>I can't give you any advice (and you did not ask for any), but I have mixed
>"thoughts" on the situation. First--as you said--the stress of a visit at
>this time can be critical. On the other hand, I have had friends who held
>off taking their cats to a vet for that very reason only to see them die a
>painful, lingering death through the hours of the night. So, I would at
>least suggest that you make sure that you know where to locate an emergency
>vet in case something like that were to happen.
>My very best wishes are with you.
have them die at the vet is never good, but might be best for them.
But everyone dies and Amber doesn't seem to be suffering so Mike is
probably right to do it this way. If she starts suffering, then off to
the vet I think. So hard to tell.