Water, Water, Everywhere...

Description of your first forum.

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | co » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:37:54



Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
have been stranded.

--
MatSav

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Ann » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:52:03


Purrs on the way.
Ann

--
read Sam's blog at http://kittens-3.blogspot.com/
 see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
"MatSav" <"matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com">

Quote:
> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
> have been stranded.

> --
> MatSav

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Matthe » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:37:06


PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
I know how you feel being here in Florida.
 I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and they
have not checked in yet or responded to emails

Matthew
< worried pacing back and forth >

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Matthe » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:07:40



Quote:



>> PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
>> I know how you feel being here in Florida.
>> I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and
>> they have not checked in yet or responded to emails

>> Matthew
>> < worried pacing back and forth >

> One of the problems is in areas hit by floods, is that electricity
> supplies are down in many places. Also no drinking water supplies or
> sewerage - all flooded out. This can affect properties which haven't
> flooded as well as the flooded ones.

I know but I am still worried :-(
Now I know what my friends and family  felt when we were in the disaster
area
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Winni » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:14:24


On Jul 23, 5:37 pm, MatSav <"matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot |

Quote:
> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
> have been stranded.

> --
> MatSav

There is also flooding and landslides in China that kill more
than 100.
See http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/07/23/china-floods.html
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by mlbrigg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:22:56


Quote:

> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
> have been stranded.

Purrs for all who suffer.  I wish the water could be sent where it is
truly needed.  Western USA  is burning and needs good rainstorm to put out
the fires.  Animals, both wild and domestic are being lost to the fires.
There is no place for the ranchers to move their herds.   We had lightning
this afternoon, but no rain.    I long to breath fresh air again.  TuTu
still; prefers to be on the enclosed patio to being in the air conditioned
house.   Purrs for the rain to go where it is truly needed.   MLB
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Mary » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:30:59



Quote:





>>> PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
>>> I know how you feel being here in Florida.
>>> I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and
>>> they have not checked in yet or responded to emails

>>> Matthew
>>> < worried pacing back and forth >

>> One of the problems is in areas hit by floods, is that electricity
>> supplies are down in many places. Also no drinking water supplies or
>> sewerage - all flooded out. This can affect properties which haven't
>> flooded as well as the flooded ones.

> I know but I am still worried :-(
> Now I know what my friends and family  felt when we were in the disaster
> area

I have a friend who lives in the Lake Helen area.  It was an enormous relief
when I was able to reach her.  A big swath of damage missed her by only
about a mile, but her home was not touched.

MaryL

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by jofire » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:13:55



Quote:

>> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
>> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
>> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
>> have been stranded.

> Purrs for all who suffer.  I wish the water could be sent where it is
> truly needed.  Western USA  is burning and needs good rainstorm to put out
> the fires.  Animals, both wild and domestic are being lost to the fires.
> There is no place for the ranchers to move their herds.   We had lightning
> this afternoon, but no rain.    I long to breath fresh air again.  TuTu
> still; prefers to be on the enclosed patio to being in the air conditioned
> house.   Purrs for the rain to go where it is truly needed.   MLB

The weather maps looks like rain may be headed your way.  The clouds start
just east of us.  Hope they don't throw too much lightening on our tinder
dry hills.  May you get a good soaking and the firemen as desperately needed
break.

Jo

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Matthe » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:12:51



Quote:







>>>> PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
>>>> I know how you feel being here in Florida.
>>>> I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and
>>>> they have not checked in yet or responded to emails

>>>> Matthew
>>>> < worried pacing back and forth >

>>> One of the problems is in areas hit by floods, is that electricity
>>> supplies are down in many places. Also no drinking water supplies or
>>> sewerage - all flooded out. This can affect properties which haven't
>>> flooded as well as the flooded ones.

>> I know but I am still worried :-(
>> Now I know what my friends and family  felt when we were in the disaster
>> area

> I have a friend who lives in the Lake Helen area.  It was an enormous
> relief when I was able to reach her.  A big swath of damage missed her by
> only about a mile, but her home was not touched.

> MaryL

Mary If there ever is a problem there again  Lake Helen is 10 minutes away I
will go and check on them for you.  If I can get in the area
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by mlbrigg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:20:12


Quote:




>>> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
>>> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss
>>> of life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who
>>> may have been stranded.

>> Purrs for all who suffer.  I wish the water could be sent where it is
>> truly needed.  Western USA  is burning and needs good rainstorm to put
>> out the fires.  Animals, both wild and domestic are being lost to the
>> fires. There is no place for the ranchers to move their herds.   We had
>> lightning this afternoon, but no rain.    I long to breath fresh air
>> again.  TuTu still; prefers to be on the enclosed patio to being in the
>> air conditioned house.   Purrs for the rain to go where it is truly
>> needed.   MLB

> The weather maps looks like rain may be headed your way.  The clouds start
> just east of us.  Hope they don't throw too much lightening on our tinder
> dry hills.  May you get a good soaking and the firemen as desperately
> needed break.

> Jo

Thanks for the good wishes.  The state can really use lots of rain.
The temp is in the high 90s.  We had thunder and lightning but no rain
where I live.  My son said they had some rain -- they life northeast of
here.  I had a short visit from my second great
grandson (20 mo old)   I had almost forgotten how busy those tots can be.
TuTu stayed out of reach.   MLB
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Sheelagh > » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 02:58:42



Quote:
> PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
> I know how you feel being here in Florida.
>  I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and they
> have not checked in yet or responded to emails

> Matthew
> < worried pacing back and forth >

Many yips of chasti***t. I am so sorry Matthew. When disasters like
this happen, & you loose your electric supply, & find yourself
sheeting down,. rescuing the cats that were actually out there in it &
you loose sight of those who are desperately waiting for news. Very
wrong of us & I apologise..

you were trying desperately to get through Katrina. It takes all of
your efforts, time & concentration too....
Even though you are warned about possible flood warnings, & you try to
prepare for them, nothing can possibly prepare you for the reality of
a situation, until you are caught up in it.

Initially, I thought the cats would be fine outside in the runs, &
sheds/ housing, because all of them are raised over 4' off the
floor..but once the stream of water started pouring through the back
garden down the hill, it became a major torrent & it was very clear
that it was possible that the housing might become unstable, or even
collapse under the strain of the water. ( once we saw the filed cat
litters floating out of the garden), it became a race against time to
get them indoors out of harms way, upstairs in case it came into the
house as well!!

The cats seemed to know that it was a race against time, & were very
good about being handed from person, to person in a line, until we got
them all in the house, & got the sand bags back up against the doors
to try & stem the flow of water..

Today, there is still a flood running through the garden, but no where
near as bad as last night. Having said that, we have another severe
weather warning tonight. We have the fire service pumping water in the
places that are still underwater,, however, there is only so much that
they can pump away before it simply overflows again & comers back down
the hill.
All of our cats seem to understand that we can't allow them back out
there yet. I remain optimistic that we have seen the worst of it
though. Nonetheless, I have no intention of letting my guard down just
yet... Speaking of which, it is time that I rounded up the kids & got
them all to safety too.
I promise to keep you a*** of our situation as & when I can.

Boy, we could use some feliway in the house tonight.!! The boys, (Tazy
& Biffy), are not that fond of each other, & sing to us when they see
one another....I could think of better pastimes for them, such as head
butts & leg weaving. far more peaceful, Lol :o)

Sheelagh  >"o"<

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by Matthe » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:26:17



Quote:

>> PURRS ON THE WAY ALONG WITH PRAYERS
>> I know how you feel being here in Florida.
>>  I am worried right now I have friends over there from other groups and
>> they
>> have not checked in yet or responded to emails

>> Matthew
>> < worried pacing back and forth >

> Many yips of chasti***t. I am so sorry Matthew. When disasters like
> this happen, & you loose your electric supply, & find yourself
> sheeting down,. rescuing the cats that were actually out there in it &
> you loose sight of those who are desperately waiting for news. Very
> wrong of us & I apologise..

> you were trying desperately to get through Katrina. It takes all of
> your efforts, time & concentration too....
> Even though you are warned about possible flood warnings, & you try to
> prepare for them, nothing can possibly prepare you for the reality of
> a situation, until you are caught up in it.

> Initially, I thought the cats would be fine outside in the runs, &
> sheds/ housing, because all of them are raised over 4' off the
> floor..but once the stream of water started pouring through the back
> garden down the hill, it became a major torrent & it was very clear
> that it was possible that the housing might become unstable, or even
> collapse under the strain of the water. ( once we saw the filed cat
> litters floating out of the garden), it became a race against time to
> get them indoors out of harms way, upstairs in case it came into the
> house as well!!

> The cats seemed to know that it was a race against time, & were very
> good about being handed from person, to person in a line, until we got
> them all in the house, & got the sand bags back up against the doors
> to try & stem the flow of water..

> Today, there is still a flood running through the garden, but no where
> near as bad as last night. Having said that, we have another severe
> weather warning tonight. We have the fire service pumping water in the
> places that are still underwater,, however, there is only so much that
> they can pump away before it simply overflows again & comers back down
> the hill.
> All of our cats seem to understand that we can't allow them back out
> there yet. I remain optimistic that we have seen the worst of it
> though. Nonetheless, I have no intention of letting my guard down just
> yet... Speaking of which, it is time that I rounded up the kids & got
> them all to safety too.
> I promise to keep you a*** of our situation as & when I can.

> Boy, we could use some feliway in the house tonight.!! The boys, (Tazy
> & Biffy), are not that fond of each other, & sing to us when they see
> one another....I could think of better pastimes for them, such as head
> butts & leg weaving. far more peaceful, Lol :o)

> Sheelagh  >"o"<

Still purring and praying for you all Sheelagh. I got your email earlier and
yes I was worried but no need to apologize I know how it is during a
disaster ;-)
 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by sam » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:11:30


Quote:

> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
> have been stranded.

Late again but purrs for the people and pets who may be stranded

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

 
 
 

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Post by polonca1200 » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 04:25:05


Quote:

> Much of the UK is getting to know what it must have felt like after
> Hurricane Katrina - without the wind damage, just the floods. No loss of
> life reported yet, thankfully - purrs, please for all the pets who may
> have been stranded.

Lots and lots of purrs for everyone affected,
Polonca and Soncek