What are the diseases that can be passed on to humans from cats?
BTW: Ringworm is not dangerous to humans, neither is toxoplasmosis unless
to a fetus (first trimester AFAIK?).
At least here, the chance of getting toxoplasmosis from a cat is close to
zero unless you either eat cat feces or don't wash your hands after
dealing with either feces or dirt.
The same goes for worms. I am not sure if this is the case in the UK, but
I am sure someone else can tell you.
Rabies is not a problem in the UK, so I guess you don't have to worry
about that ;o)
Ina Kristine Berg
Stray Cats Rescue Shelter (FOD), Norway
> Rabies...is the first one that comes to mind. Though rare, possibly
> histoplasmosis...and other fungal-type things. Of course, the cat's mouth
> (and human mouths) contain all manner of potentially septic bacteria...
1. First past the post, or past it?
3. Lyme disease human vaccine information on the internet
4. Passing diseases between humans and dogs.
5. Dog licking face and disease in humans?
6. Diseases passed on to humans?
7. Cat/human diseases in common?
8. WARNING - CAT DISEASE TRANSMITTED TO HUMANS
10. Can Cats Catch Human Diseases?