Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Description of your first forum.

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 09:08:17



Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
anything right.
I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
litterboxes.
I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends here.
Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
appreciation and I thank you for that.
I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
I don't know what to do.
*sigh*
Kyla...sad
 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Matthe » Sat, 17 May 2008 09:21:16


Kyla   tell me what family gets along perfectly fine.  IF you show me one
family that is perfect I am going to go open their closet and show you the
grandma that is hiding in the attic dressed in a S&M leather outfit,like
Yowie keeps promising to put on or is that tanada maybe it is Granby

There are a few out here that can't stand me and vice versa  doesn't mean
that I am not welcome in the group or don't have my place in the group

Heck I battled a few for years but now we are friends and I am looking
forward on meeting them during the RPCA get way next year.



Quote:
> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
> anything right.
> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
> litterboxes.
> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
> really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
> What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
> here.
> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
> appreciation and I thank you for that.
> I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
> I don't know what to do.
> *sigh*
> Kyla...sad

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Sherr » Sat, 17 May 2008 09:26:53



Quote:
> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
> anything right.
> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
> litterboxes.
> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
> really get to me. ?I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
> What have I done wrong so I can correct it? ?I try and send purrs and
> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends here.
> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
> appreciation and I thank you for that.
> I guess I'm just too sensitive. ?I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
> I don't know what to do.
> *sigh*
> Kyla...sad

I think you're doing fine. I don't know what posts you're referring
to. I didn't see anyone sound like they were mad. Maybe I missed a
post.
Anyway, Kyla, if you truly want me to be honest, you came on a little
strong there at first, when you first started posting. Out of
curiosity I once checked google, and you'd posted 140 times in one
day. That's kind of excessive, don't you think? That's likely where
the adjective "frenetic" came from, though I don't recall that post
either. Maybe that's what it was.
You shouldn't feel like you're not of value. You and Mosey, etc. are
just as important as anyone else here. Nobody's any better than anyone
else.

Sherry

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Christina Websel » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:02:12




Quote:
> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
> anything right.
> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
> litterboxes.
> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
> really get to me. I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
> What have I done wrong so I can correct it? I try and send purrs and
> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
> here.
> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
> appreciation and I thank you for that.
> I guess I'm just too sensitive. I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
> I don't know what to do.
> *sigh*
> Kyla...sad

I think you're doing fine. I don't know what posts you're referring
to. I didn't see anyone sound like they were mad. Maybe I missed a
post.
Anyway, Kyla, if you truly want me to be honest, you came on a little
strong there at first, when you first started posting. Out of
curiosity I once checked google, and you'd posted 140 times in one
day. That's kind of excessive, don't you think? That's likely where
the adjective "frenetic" came from, though I don't recall that post
either. Maybe that's what it was.
You shouldn't feel like you're not of value. You and Mosey, etc. are
just as important as anyone else here. Nobody's any better than anyone
else.

I'll be honest too.  It was the sheer quantity.
However now you have calmed down a bit, Kyla, I will read your posts again.
Don't expect replies to every post, we are busy people.  We read and note
them but there is often not time to reply.  At least for me. I never mind if
I get no response.

Tweed

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Yowi » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:04:45


Quote:


>> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't
>> say anything right.
>> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
>> litterboxes.
>> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and
>> angst really get to me. I don''t feel like I'm of any value here
>> whatsoever.
>> What have I done wrong so I can correct it? I try and send purrs and
>> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful
>> friends here. Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have
>> expressed their appreciation and I thank you for that.
>> I guess I'm just too sensitive. I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
>> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
>> I don't know what to do.
>> *sigh*
>> Kyla...sad

> I think you're doing fine. I don't know what posts you're referring
> to. I didn't see anyone sound like they were mad. Maybe I missed a
> post.
> Anyway, Kyla, if you truly want me to be honest, you came on a little
> strong there at first, when you first started posting. Out of
> curiosity I once checked google, and you'd posted 140 times in one
> day. That's kind of excessive, don't you think? That's likely where
> the adjective "frenetic" came from, though I don't recall that post
> either. Maybe that's what it was.
> You shouldn't feel like you're not of value. You and Mosey, etc. are
> just as important as anyone else here. Nobody's any better than anyone
> else.

I'm with Sherry. You did come on a bit strong when you first joined, but
hey, its understandable when you find a group like this. If thats the worst
crime you commit on usenet, you are doing fine!

Now, for the standard advice that I give everyone (its even inthe FAQ).

A new person to the group will always attract alot of attention. When you
are new, you will usually attract alot of replies simply because you are new
and different. But once you've been around for a while, the 'novelty' has
gone and the replies to posts gets less - sometimes you'll get no replies at
all.

Rather than worrying about why you've suddenly become unpopular, its time to
rejoice. Why? because it means you have been welcomed as part of the family.
You no longer have guest status. People will now only comment on a post of
yours if htey think they have something worth saying in response rather than
replying because its 'polite'. Sometimes they will agree 100% but saying 'me
too' is pretty much a waste of space. You've reached the point where the
silence is comfortable (and you're expected to help yourself to the fridge
if you want soemthing, rather than waiting to be asked)

If that bothers you, its more your low self esteem talking than anything
going on inthe group. After all, if you'd really hissed the group off, we
would have let you know. We're like cats in that regard - usually all cute
and purry, but know what our claws are for and have no problem using htem
when necessary.

(And just a frendly note, asking 'what have I done wrong?' alot, when you
haven't actually done anything wrong will eventually be seen as attention
seeking behaviour, and that *will* hiss people off)

Yowie

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:06:59


"Matthew"

Quote:
> Kyla   tell me what family gets along perfectly fine.

My 2 youngest sisters and I get along just fine <G>
We lost both Mom and Dad within 8 months of each other last year.

 IF you show me one

Quote:
> family that is perfect I am going to go open their closet and show you the
> grandma that is hiding in the attic dressed in a S&M leather outfit,like
> Yowie keeps promising to put on or is that tanada maybe it is Granby

LOL

Quote:

> There are a few out here that can't stand me and vice versa  doesn't mean
> that I am not welcome in the group or don't have my place in the group

I see your point.  I like you, for what that's worth <G>

Quote:

> Heck I battled a few for years but now we are friends and I am looking
> forward on meeting them during the RPCA get way next year.

Good for you, :)
wish I could be there.
Hug
Kyla
Quote:



>> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
>> anything right.
>> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
>> litterboxes.
>> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
>> really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
>> What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
>> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
>> here.
>> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
>> appreciation and I thank you for that.
>> I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
>> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
>> I don't know what to do.
>> *sigh*
>> Kyla...sad

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kajiki » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:09:51


On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:08:17 -0700, "Kyla =^. .^="

Quote:

>Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
>anything right.
>I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
>litterboxes.
>I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
>really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
>What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
>prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends here.
>Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
>appreciation and I thank you for that.
>I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
>like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
>I don't know what to do.
>*sigh*
>Kyla...sad

You're not doing anything wrong sweety, and I don't know why you think
you are! Grab the closest (or most amenable) furbaby and have a good
cuddle - it always makes me feel better....
 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:16:58


"Sherry"

I think you're doing fine. I don't know what posts you're referring
to. I didn't see anyone sound like they were mad. Maybe I missed a
post.
Anyway, Kyla, if you truly want me to be honest, you came on a little
strong there at first, when you first started posting. Out of
curiosity I once checked google, and you'd posted 140 times in one
day. That's kind of excessive, don't you think? That's likely where
the adjective "frenetic" came from, though I don't recall that post
either. Maybe that's what it was.

Wow, I did?  Yeesh.
When I first came on a few months ago, I did post alot, trying to find out
about people here, etc.
fed the trolls and got reamed for it, but I've learned my lesson on that.
I try and not post as much now.

Quote:
>You shouldn't feel like you're not of value. You and Mosey, etc. are
>just as important as anyone else here. Nobody's any better than anyone
>else.

Sherry

Thank you for your informative, kind reply Sherry.
Hug
Kyla

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Granb » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:19:02


NOOOO it wasn't Gramby in that outfit.  We were wanting Yowie to come to my
one horse, actually no horse, town and walk down the street in that outfit
so the neighbors would talk about her and leave me alone, thank you very
much.

Quote:
> Kyla   tell me what family gets along perfectly fine.  IF you show me one
> family that is perfect I am going to go open their closet and show you the
> grandma that is hiding in the attic dressed in a S&M leather outfit,like
> Yowie keeps promising to put on or is that tanada maybe it is Granby

> There are a few out here that can't stand me and vice versa  doesn't mean
> that I am not welcome in the group or don't have my place in the group

> Heck I battled a few for years but now we are friends and I am looking
> forward on meeting them during the RPCA get way next year.



>> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
>> anything right.
>> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
>> litterboxes.
>> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
>> really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
>> What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
>> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
>> here.
>> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
>> appreciation and I thank you for that.
>> I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
>> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
>> I don't know what to do.
>> *sigh*
>> Kyla...sad

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:20:29


"Christina Websell"

Quote:

> I'll be honest too.  It was the sheer quantity.
> However now you have calmed down a bit, Kyla, I will read your posts
> again.
> Don't expect replies to every post, we are busy people.  We read and note
> them but there is often not time to reply.  At least for me. I never mind
> if I get no response.

> Tweed

Thanks Christina.  I have calmed down a lot and continue to send purrs and
prayers for those who need them and I love the 'funny' things/pix/videos
posted here.
Hug
Kyla
 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Granb » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:21:31


Heck, I spend half my life talking to myself or the cats, I don't expect
answers all the time, not even from them.

Quote:




>> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
>> anything right.
>> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
>> litterboxes.
>> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
>> really get to me. I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
>> What have I done wrong so I can correct it? I try and send purrs and
>> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
>> here.
>> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
>> appreciation and I thank you for that.
>> I guess I'm just too sensitive. I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
>> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
>> I don't know what to do.
>> *sigh*
>> Kyla...sad

> I think you're doing fine. I don't know what posts you're referring
> to. I didn't see anyone sound like they were mad. Maybe I missed a
> post.
> Anyway, Kyla, if you truly want me to be honest, you came on a little
> strong there at first, when you first started posting. Out of
> curiosity I once checked google, and you'd posted 140 times in one
> day. That's kind of excessive, don't you think? That's likely where
> the adjective "frenetic" came from, though I don't recall that post
> either. Maybe that's what it was.
> You shouldn't feel like you're not of value. You and Mosey, etc. are
> just as important as anyone else here. Nobody's any better than anyone
> else.

> I'll be honest too.  It was the sheer quantity.
> However now you have calmed down a bit, Kyla, I will read your posts
> again.
> Don't expect replies to every post, we are busy people.  We read and note
> them but there is often not time to reply.  At least for me. I never mind
> if I get no response.

> Tweed

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:28:18


"Yowie"

Quote:

> I'm with Sherry. You did come on a bit strong when you first joined, but
> hey, its understandable when you find a group like this. If thats the
> worst crime you commit on usenet, you are doing fine!

> Now, for the standard advice that I give everyone (its even inthe FAQ).

> A new person to the group will always attract alot of attention. When you
> are new, you will usually attract alot of replies simply because you are
> new and different. But once you've been around for a while, the 'novelty'
> has gone and the replies to posts gets less - sometimes you'll get no
> replies at all.

> Rather than worrying about why you've suddenly become unpopular, its time
> to rejoice. Why? because it means you have been welcomed as part of the
> family. You no longer have guest status. People will now only comment on a
> post of yours if htey think they have something worth saying in response
> rather than replying because its 'polite'. Sometimes they will agree 100%
> but saying 'me too' is pretty much a waste of space. You've reached the
> point where the silence is comfortable (and you're expected to help
> yourself to the fridge if you want soemthing, rather than waiting to be
> asked)

> If that bothers you, its more your low self esteem talking than anything
> going on inthe group. After all, if you'd really hissed the group off, we
> would have let you know. We're like cats in that regard - usually all cute
> and purry, but know what our claws are for and have no problem using htem
> when necessary.

> (And just a frendly note, asking 'what have I done wrong?' alot, when you
> haven't actually done anything wrong will eventually be seen as attention
> seeking behaviour, and that *will* hiss people off)

> Yowie

Thanks for the info and  kind advice Yowie:)
I totally understand what you mean.
Hug
Kyla

- Show quoted text -

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:30:13


"Kajikit"

Quote:

> You're not doing anything wrong sweety, and I don't know why you think
> you are! Grab the closest (or most amenable) furbaby and have a good
> cuddle - it always makes me feel better....

I'm gonna do just that <G>
I'm still learning the 'basics'
Thanks
HUG
Kyla
 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Joy » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:33:20




Quote:
> Sometimes I just feel like leaving rpca because I feel like I can't say
> anything right.
> I have alot of people mad at me, and I know I'm in a lot of hoomins
> litterboxes.
> I really love the funny pictures and videos, but the sadness and angst
> really get to me.  I don''t feel like I'm of any value here whatsoever.
> What have I done wrong so I can correct it?  I try and send purrs and
> prayers, for those who need them, and I've made some wonderful friends
> here.
> Mosey and I have sent cards to some people, who have expressed their
> appreciation and I thank you for that.
> I guess I'm just too sensitive.  I'm not a 'frenetic' person,
> like someone said, and I do try and get along with the folks here .
> I don't know what to do.
> *sigh*
> Kyla...sad

Hang in there, Kyla.  I don't know what this is about, but I've never heard
of anybody who could please everybody all the time.

Many of us don't have time to read all the posts, so you might not get a
response - or a defense - when you expect it.

You're a good person.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy

 
 
 

Am I Doing Something Wrong???

Post by Kyla =^. .^ » Sat, 17 May 2008 10:40:30


"Joy"

Quote:

> Hang in there, Kyla.  I don't know what this is about, but I've never
> heard of anybody who could please everybody all the time.

Yeah, there's an old saying that '
if you try and make everybody happy, then no one is happy'.

Quote:

> Many of us don't have time to read all the posts, so you might not get a
> response - or a defense - when you expect it.

True, I realize that now.

Quote:

> You're a good person.

Thank you, and so are you <G>

Quote:

> Hugs and purrs,

> Joy

Hugs and Purrs back atcha
Kyla